Customer Service 866.965.0400

04 BMW 3 Series - Exterior Detail

Saturday was the day to tackle my dad's 2004 BMW 325xi. This car has seen nothing but automatic car washes. The brake dust was a real nightmare. The pictures speak for themselves!!

Products Used:

- Adam's APC (Diluted 1:1) for tires

- Adam's Car Wash Shampoo

- Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner

- Competitor's Brake Dust Remover

- MTM Foam Cannon with Cleanforce 1800 pressure washer

- Wheel Woolies & Tire Brush

- Adam's Detail Spray

- Adam's Clay

- Clay Alternative Towel

- Fine Machine Polish

- Competitor's Heavy Cut Compound

- Quick Sealant

- Adam's Glass Cleaner & Sealant

The Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner was effective for removing the built up grime. These particular wheels are a challenge because there is minimal clearance between the rotor and the wheel. The small wheel woolie barely made it. Once the wheels and tires were cleaned to my liking, the car was pulled into the garage for some polishing. :pc: It didn't look so bad in the sun, but under the halogen lights, it was swirl city! The water spots were atrocious.

The entire vehicle was clayed with Adam's Clay and a competitor's clay alternative towel. Next, all of the rubber and plastic trim was cleaned with APC and a utility towel. I started polishing the hood which was repainted recently. All it needed was some Fine Machine Polish with a white pad.

The rest of the car was a different story. There were water spots and swirls all over the place! I had to resort to a competitor's polish and pad combination which took out 90% of the damage. Hopefully the new Adam's polishes are released soon! By the time I was finished it was 5:30. I started this detail at 9:00 AM :help:. Finally, the vehicle was coated with some Quick Sealant. All of the windows were cleaned with Adam's Glass Cleaner and the windshield was sealed with Adam's Glass Sealant.

The vehicle looks nearly brand new. Now on to the pictures!! :glasses:

IMG_0175_zpsd78b8eae.jpg

Before

IMG_0172_zps658e3973.jpg

Wheels

IMG_0183_zps517a28bf.jpg

Wheel Cleaner doing its thang :willy:

IMG_0180_zps7025140e.jpg

All clean!

IMG_0182_zps46823fbb.jpg

All Clean! - Some of the stains did not come out. (These wheels were purchased used.)

IMG_0192_zps0997d69d.jpg

IMG_0188_zpsf7fc2255.jpg

Before foaming

IMG_0197_zpsfacc6a2e.jpg

Foamed up!

IMG_0203_zps80979280.jpg

Jacked up paint! :mad:

IMG_0214_zps44488c10.jpg

All fixed!

IMG_0213_zpsc0230708.jpg

IMG_0212_zps9361454e.jpg

IMG_0211_zpsaf0e23fb.jpg

IMG_0209_zps7ae062bd.jpg

IMG_0210_zps62095bf1.jpg

IMG_0205_zps86eb4a01.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsa9ff660a.jpg

i think that helped. but would it be ok to just clay bar it than wipe down than wax? cuz i know some ppl were saying to wash the car again after clay baring.

If I'm doing a car that is hammered and just full of contaminants I'll wash it after claying it. Otherwise it'd be fine to wipe down and add wax.