Customer Service 866.965.0400

buttery wax

Black out - Anthony

Question

11 answers to this question

Incorrect! You can treat them the same way, keeping in mind Americana likes to go on a couple of panels and be removed, whereas you can apply buttery to the whole car and then go back and remove it.

Buttery doesn't mind being applied in direct sun (cooler temps), whereas Americana will harden like concrete in a matter of minutes or seconds under the sun. lol

Buttery is an awesome "gotta do it quick" product that has some paint imperfection hiding abilities. :thumbsup:

Sealants just rock for durability! :rockon: The glaze adds depth and also hides paint imperfections.

Personally, on a DD I use AQS or MSS for durability.

Chris

Edited by Chewy

Teflon is added to it to make you think it's something worth having. It's a marketing ploy honestly. For Teflon to do anything it'd have to be fused to the paint. Seeing that it takes hundreds of degrees to do so, I can't see it helping in the paint protection field. Honestly, if it did, more people would have it.

I believe there are some synthetic properties to BW, but it does contain carnuba.

If you want synthetics and to have heat protection, go with MSS or AQS. Carnuba's do not handle the heat like the sealants do, which is one of the reasons I use a sealant on my DD's.

Chris

ok, so for my rims I apply the sealant and that's all.

the buttery wax will resist not only to heat the rims?

You can top the sealant on the rims with BW if you like. It will give them a bit more depth perhaps. It's not necessary however.

Chris