Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bucket caddy vs. rolling detail cart

fito

Question

I'm trying to decide between the two. The Rolling Detail Cart is on sale, but it seems the Car Wash Bucket Caddy used as a creeper (sitting on bucket with lid on, inserted into the caddy) is an even cheaper alternative. Anyone have an opinion?

The bucket caddy would let you zip around the car, takes up less space in the garage (I've already Ordered the Pro Detailers Cart), and can also be used during the 2 bucket wash process as well as after for claying or polishing.

The Rolling Detail Cart seems more comfortable, has storage on the bottom, and has a removable pad for when you needed to go to the ground.

What would you get? Thanks.

17 answers to this question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

i have bucket caddy's for all my buckets... I use the CRAP out of them... even used em when I painted my pool decking (concrete around pool)... put the 5 of paint in the caddy... rolled around the bucket while I rolled out the concrete (I'm a professional painter btw).

I enjoy using my buckets for seats as well and the caddy makes that so much more possible...

BUT do NOT even compare it with the rolling detail seat. It's the bomb.

Don't have the detail cart yet...

I have both. I use the bucket caddy MUCH more often. The rolling detail seat sits in the corner of my garage and I essentially use it for storage (Adam's storage). The main reason is I like the height of the bucket caddy MUCH better (it is lower than the rolling detail seat). Keep in mind...I have the older 2.5 gallon buckets (so glad I bought it back then). I have used the detail seat...and didn't care for it for 2 main reasons. 1) it was too high for my liking and 2) when you put stuff underneath it, it always tips over and ends up rolling all over the place. It would work for pads, towels, etc...but bottles don't work very well. I do use the pad to get on the ground when I clean the tires.

I would go for a bucket caddy and just get your self something to kneel on (like a gardner would use).

Just my $0.02.

I have both. I use the bucket caddy MUCH more often. The rolling detail seat sits in the corner of my garage and I essentially use it for storage (Adam's storage). The main reason is I like the height of the bucket caddy MUCH better (it is lower than the rolling detail seat). Keep in mind...I have the older 2.5 gallon buckets (so glad I bought it back then). I have used the detail seat...and didn't care for it for 2 main reasons. 1) it was too high for my liking and 2) when you put stuff underneath it, it always tips over and ends up rolling all over the place. It would work for pads, towels, etc...but bottles don't work very well. I do use the pad to get on the ground when I clean the tires.

I would go for a bucket caddy and just get your self something to kneel on (like a gardner would use).

Just my $0.02.

This is exactly what I was afraid of!

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I think they mean detail seat... Not cart.

Don't see myself detailing while sitting on the detail cart.

Ouch.

I use the double caddy system with the bigger buckets for the car washes..

Then I use my third small bucket on a caddy with grit guard on it's own for all my assortments of brushes when doing the wheel wells and tires/rims. I also use a small "gardener pad" for the cement for my knees when doing tires.. This technique works for me.

Thanks to all for the replies. So if you go for the caddy, does it make sense to get just one caddy or do you necessarily have to get the double caddy system?

I use the double caddy system with the bigger buckets for the car washes..

Then I use my third small bucket on a caddy with grit guard on it's own for all my assortments of brushes when doing the wheel wells and tires/rims. I also use a small "gardener pad" for the cement for my knees when doing tires.. This technique works for me.

Wow, 3 caddies. Nice. I guess the added advantage with the caddy is that if you have the different size buckets you can vary your height whereas with the Rolling Detail Seat its just a fixed height, unless it can be adjusted for height. Does anyone know?

I'd go for the bucket caddy. I don't have the rolling seat, but sitting on the bucket works fine for me.

Do you think they are strong enough to comfortably hold a 250 pound man. Be honest after the jokes because I would like one.

I have both and the caddy works fine if you add a pad to the top of the bucket, the rolling seat is much more comfy and the height is good for me. I use the rolling seat more often than the caddy for detailing, but use it for washing all the time.

After reading some of the responses I am going to see how I can use the seat for sitting & MF storage and attach the caddy somehow for the product as I agree they tip over on the bottom shelf.

Can't go wrong with either, but my experience the seat is the ticket, at $69 great deal.

Do you think they are strong enough to comfortably hold a 250 pound man. Be honest after the jokes because I would like one.

The caddys seem to be rated at 250 lbs so you'd be right on the threshold. I'm only 180 so I'm not really pushing the limit, but it seems pretty rugged under me.