Customer Service 866.965.0400

F.S. Ford F150 4x4 ('98)

Chewy

What you see here is a 1998 Ford F150 4x4 standard cab short bed. I'm the first and only owner. I ordered it from the factory with a 5.4L engine, 4 speed auto w/OD, 3.55 limited slip 9.5" rear axle, power windows, locks, AC, and 6 disk CD player and the factory trailer package and skid plates. After getting it I had the bed and rear wheel wells Line-X'd and it still looks great! I also had the rear and side windows tinted.

As you see in the pictures, this vehicle is in exceptional condition for its age. The frame is clean and the body is 100% rust free. I've had the trans flushed twice with Mobil 1 trans fluid, and the engine & both front and rear axles run Mobil 1 as well. The engine has had synthetic since 6000 miles (after break-in). This truck was my daily driver from '98 to '02 and has ALWAYS been garaged.

Since 2002 it's been my boat puller and been used as a truck when I need one. It had new tires put on 3 years ago which might have 1000 miles on them. The original battery finally gave up two years ago and I replaced. Since I don't drive it every day I leave the battery hooked to a Deltran Battery Tender.

Shocks were all replaced with Edlebrock IAS shocks and I installed a rear sway bar to help stabilize the handling when hooked to the trailer.

I had a keyless entry system installed at Automotive Innovations in 2005. Also in 2005 I put a flowmaster muffler and cat back duals on. It sounds like a muscle car but isn't annoyingly loud either.

As you can see it's got just over 94,000 miles on it. Many of the miles (80% or more) are highway miles. I lived in East Bettendorf and took I80 to work in West Davenport everyday for 4 years, and have taken it on several trips as well. It runs like a top and has never left me stranded. My reason for selling is because I have a family and need more room.

$6,250.00 takes it!!!

Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions.

hy9epy2e.jpg

hemyqejy.jpg4ysabuze.jpg

ha6y2y5y.jpg

u6equ5u9.jpg

ja5eme9u.jpg

qe6ysu8y.jpg

ynu2ybuj.jpg

pujezuvy.jpg

myjy3u2u.jpg

te3ede4a.jpg

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Wow. That won't be for sale long....

I hope you're right! It's a shame to sell it actually. It does pay to take care of your vehicles though.

Sorry guys, no trades! I'm buying my G8 for the families go kart and getting a 4 door truck as my DD.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Good luck with your sale. Did your Ram come in yet?

Nope! It's been two months and it still shows as "order received".

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

Had a guy come over and look at it, drove it, shook my hand on 5700 bucks. We'll see if it goes through. He was amazed by the looks of it. He said people say it's in great condition and that his definition of "great" and mosts peoples are no where near the same. lol He told me my idea of "exceptional condition" was spot on. His comment was; "it looks like it has 20,000 miles on it".

YEP! That's how I roll... :)

So, fingers crossed, it'll be sold!

Had a guy come over and look at it, drove it, shook my hand on 5700 bucks. We'll see if it goes through. He was amazed by the looks of it. He said people say it's in great condition and that his definition of "great" and mosts peoples are no where near the same. lol He told me my idea of "exceptional condition" was spot on. His comment was; "it looks like it has 20,000 miles on it".

YEP! That's how I roll... :)

So, fingers crossed, it'll be sold!

Good Luck :cheers::cheers:

There's great condition vehicles, then there's Adams standards! No comparison. I'm glad I bought my truck from Nick! A few weeks ago I parked next to a few other black TBSS, and one guy said mine was the cleanest . Adams polishes for life!

What's funny is the truck isn't corrected... It's got a coat of MSS on it from two years ago (200 miles) and I cleaned the interior, wheels and tires. Heck, I didn't even scrub the bed. Not shown is a bed mat that covers it all up though. It's clean, but it could be SO much cleaner. I won't bother correcting even my new RAM. It's a truck and I have YOUNG kids. It's just a heartache waiting to happen. That's what the G8 is for anyway.

I have a 4 year old son and I haven't cleaned the inside of my SS with any Adams interior products yet. I figured it wouldn't last clean for long. For the exterior I try my best to keep my ride clean. There has been a few times where my son rides his scooter inches from the paint and I cringe for a second. I put tape on the hadle bars of the scooter to "prevent " a scratch haha. You just never know with kiddos :)

I have a 4 year old son and I haven't cleaned the inside of my SS with any Adams interior products yet. I figured it wouldn't last clean for long. For the exterior I try my best to keep my ride clean. There has been a few times where my son rides his scooter inches from the paint and I cringe for a second. I put tape on the hadle bars of the scooter to "prevent " a scratch haha. You just never know with kiddos :)

We bought the one piece WeatherTech rear floor mat for the back of our Enclave for this reason alone. :D

The guy called last night and is picking it up tonight! WTH? Everything I sell sells to the first person. I sold our house a year ago on the local real estate site to the first person, and then a month or so ago I sold my motorcycle to a person and didn't even advertise it. My buddy found them, they came and looked at it and shook on it on the spot. I'm either doing something right, or pricing these things too low! :lolsmack:

Chris

Edited by Chewy

We bought the one piece WeatherTech rear floor mat for the back of our Enclave for this reason alone. :D

The guy called last night and is picking it up tonight! WTH? Everything I sell sells to the first person. I sold our house a year ago on the local real estate site to the first person, and then a month or so ago I sold my motorcycle to a person and didn't even advertise it. My buddy found them, they came and looked at it and shook on it on the spot. I'm either doing something right, or pricing these things too low! :lolsmack:

Chris

Congrats on the sale. I showed it to alot of cats here at my work,, To bad you didnt live closer,, they wanted it.. :2thumbs:

SOLD!!! I owned that truck 15 and a half years and ordered it from the factory. It's the end of an era for me and the start of a new one.