Customer Service 866.965.0400

noobie from tx. wheel haze problem

Z33ftw

Hello ppl. I have a 350z with not very cheap forgestar wheels on it. They are gloss black powdercoated. I've had them for I think about a year now. The last couple of weeks I have noticed the haze and the spokes feel gritty even after washing and detail spray. I've used mequiars ultimate compound but that only seemed to work about half the results I want. I just want then back to my beautiful out the box rims that I first got so any help would be great thx.

Would have to be tomm. Sun is going down and I don't think the light now would show anything. Plus u can't see the grit that I was talking about. I thought maybe some clay was in order?? I just thought that ultimate compound would have been enough.

:welcomebanner:to the forum! I'm not sure what Adam's products you already have, but if your wheels feel gritty I'd start with the Deep Wheel Cleaner. Beyond that, I'd correct them as you would your paint: clay, polish, seal/wax. On the polish, start with the least aggressive method necessary. So hit a sample area with Fine Machine Polish, and if that's not doing it go to Swirl & Haze Remover or Severe Swirl Remover as necessary. When you get them corrected, apply Quick Sealant for protection and to make them easier to clean in the future. If you want to add some shine, apply a coat of Brilliant Glaze and Americana.

Also, try to post some pics of the wheels to get the best recommendations.

Would have to be tomm. Sun is going down and I don't think the light now would show anything. Plus u can't see the grit that I was talking about. I thought maybe some clay was in order?? I just thought that ultimate compound would have been enough.

Clay and polish do a little bit different things, so if you have not clayed them, then that would be in order. This should remove some of contaminants/grit.

Yeah pretty sure ill be ordering some mon. I also see scratches on the spokes from where i always wash them but ive never used anything but microfiber so i was kinda frustrated by that. All this stuff you cant really see from about 10ft away but i notice it and thats enough to do something about it.

Yeah pretty sure ill be ordering some mon. I also see scratches on the spokes from where i always wash them but ive never used anything but microfiber so i was kinda frustrated by that. All this stuff you cant really see from about 10ft away but i notice it and thats enough to do something about it.

It also depends on what microfiber you were using in the past. If it's the made in China stuff, that won't help.