Customer Service 866.965.0400

My "new" detail cart

2012CC6.2

Question

Well, my dad has had this Mac Tools cart for north of 30 years. I like bringing stuff back to life so I thought this would be neat, plus it used to belong to my pops! Took it to our local powdercoater who are good friends of mine, It got sandblasted and then powdercoated and cleared. I didn't get any pictures without it being loaded... My ADD kicked in :/ for around 60 bucks it is one heck of a detail cart with some meaning behind it! Enjoy. I also used some 3M Carbon fiber wrap on misc pieces. It is pretty tough and good looking stuff!9ada4y4e.jpgbyzuve9e.jpgy9ere6y3.jpgmuse9umy.jpgase3a8en.jpgugy2aza4.jpg

14 answers to this question

Very cool!! Nicely done, I dig it!! I like old stuff like that with a bit of "patina" on it though. I would've lightly sanded that bad boy, and shot some flat clear on it and been DONE!! Would've kept that originality to it, with an "evident" story. :)

If it didn't have so much grease and pitting I would have gone that route, I also put black foam padding on the top shelf to keep the products from sliding around. It turned out really good, one of the sides was bent up from a car on a lift being let down on the cart 20some odd years ago lol! That's where I got the carbon fiber idea to cover it up mostly after I hammered it out!

Mac Tool cart = free

powder coating/ restoring cart = 60.00

Knowing it was your fathers for that many years = Priceless!!

Great job on the restoration of a priceless piece!

Love it, and all of the goodies.

You know I have a new cart at work that is not being used, I'll paint it red and try and get me an Adam's sticker, maybe an apron,can one buy one?

I'd wear it when working on other cars, you know, in public.

Kevin