Customer Service 866.965.0400

2006 Vette Coupe... bare wheels or clearcoted wheels?

Truckie

Question

Does any body know....

2006 Vette Coupe... bare wheels or clearcoated wheels?

Didnt know they clearcoated wheels??

and I already tried a Metal polish and got some result but have I screwed the clearcoat now? if they are clear coated....

the polish didn't really turn black.... kinda a dark gray, but it did the same on the factory exhaust tips....

6 answers to this question

Sounds like they are NOT clear coated. (taking a guess from your description)

You won't get any color transfer from clear coated wheels unless they are dirty.

Seems odd though.

EDIT: hmmm...from what other people are saying; they are. But you shouldn't see anything on your towel from a clear coated wheel.

Yes, OEM were clear coated!

So have I screwed the clear now?

I had " another Vendors" medium cut, and finish polish and used the foam cone drill attachment.....

I guess I will try the ADAMS clear coat polishes NEXT and see what that does...

So have I screwed the clear now?

I had " another Vendors" medium cut, and finish polish and used the foam cone drill attachment.....

I guess I will try the ADAMS clear coat polishes NEXT and see what that does...

How do they look, any peeling/fading/discoloration? If you can post up some pics. Hopefully the clear coat is o.k., if not it will have to be removed, then you can go several different ways to refinish. Sorry, Forgot to ask, are these CHROME, if so they are NOT clear coated, the Polished and painted OEM wheels are Clear coated, chrome was not.

Edited by scootertrash19

Looks to me like Base corvette wheels and seem to have a coating... I really quickly did one yesterday with a Dnyocone and all 3 Adams polish steps and it helped then sealed it...  IF I really spend time on each wheel they should be fine... Thanks