Customer Service 866.965.0400

Worst carwash ever?

ericR

Question

I was driving around looking for a good DIY carwash in my city, when i came across this new place, with a sort of a "booth" design, i have never seen this in Sweden before, but essentially you just drive through it, it has no doors on either side.

That's all fine and dandy as long as the area around the washing station is clean, but on this day they were loading dirt on to a truck literally ten feet away :D

Needless to say i keept on looking!

post-9923-0-03475000-1369826694_thumb.jpg

4 answers to this question

Ours here are like garages with doors front and back so you drive in, shut he door and you have your own room to clean your vehicle.  That's pretty standard in the Midwest and colder climates.  

Looks like once they're done excavating, it may be OK.  

Chris

Every state seems to be different. In NJ, they seem to all be the motorized kind with the huge spinning brushes inside. Never liked those. The way they pound on your car, they can't be good. In PA, I've actually seen my favorite kind - completely touchless. You pull in, a machine swings around your car, applies soap, etc. and a high pressure wash. Then air dry and you pull out. Wasn't *perfect* but at least nothing touched/scratched my car. 

Here in NY, most car washes are comprised of a bunch of Mexicans washing cars by hand. 

we have a lot of touchless up here too.  I hate them, and only use them in the winter when they are on sale at the gas station. Nothing beats some elbow grease and washing by hand.