Customer Service 866.965.0400

MF Pads - Lint?

gdwenger

Question

This could very well be a newbie problem using different tools.

I have been a PC since the beginning, but just received a Flex with the new pads and polishes. This weekend I started the correction process on a white MX-5. What I noticed is that the pads left black lint in the polish residue.

Haven't seen any posts to this problem but everyone seems to be doing darker colors, which maybe hiding this. Going to wash them and try again.

5 answers to this question

I just completed a silver car over the weekend (Flex) and had no issues with this. Did you by chance run the pad cleaning brush over the pads before you started using them? I did this and saw some loose fibers fly but that was it. It's nothing I wouldnt expect from a new pad, towel or of the likes. I know we are all just getting going with the new system so I am curious to see if similiar issues arise with anyone else, but I have done two vehicles now and have not experienced this.

Keep us posted.

First time using the pads I had some loose fibers but second time around it was all good. I do have an orange microfiber where the microfiber has separated from the foam.

post-8351-0-08058900-1372181656_thumb.jpg

First time using the pads I had some loose fibers but second time around it was all good. I do have an orange microfiber where the microfiber has separated from the foam.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

both my pads look like this after the first brushing, which I consider normal.