Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bug Gut stains?

Kenshyn

Question

Labor Day weekend, I buffed my car again, followed by sealant, glaze, and Americana Wax. It's a 2001 Honda S2000 and I must say that if you look at the paint the wrong way, you're going to put swirls in it, so I'm very meticulous in the way I maintain it.

It has been no longer than three weeks since it's been hand washed. I washed it this past weekend and sprayed waterless wash all over the front bumper and mirrors, followed by foam gun and then washed as normal. I use a bug sponge to remove tar and bug guts, and the bug guts came off effortlessly.

I was disappointed when I began drying my car off and noticed that the bug guts had essentially "stained" my front bumper. I ran my fingers over the bug guts and it was smooth, so that's why I am using the word stained.

I grabbed some waterless wash and a waffle weave towel and went over the front bumper but it didn't make a difference. Used some fine machine polish and a 7424xp and it made it decent enough for me; I was tired and done messing with it at that point.

So, my question to you guys with more experience; after all the buffing, sealing, glazing, and waxing I just did three weeks ago, why are the bug guts not coming off with washing? It's very frustrating to me and I feel as if I shouldn't have to buff my car again just to remove bug guts..did I wait too long to wash it? :/

post-8762-0-74126900-1372640961_thumb.jpg

post-8762-0-22818200-1372640997_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kenshyn

3 answers to this question

Well not yet, I did go over it with fine machine polish though and it made a little bit of a difference. I guess I could try claying it but I'm not so sure it will make a difference since I can't actually feel the guts.

Bugs can etch the clear like bird droppings. If it doesn't come off with clay you're gonna have to polish it out. Comes with the territory unfortunately. Try not to let them sit as long as you can. I keep an emergency detail kit in the car and check it during lunch while I'm at work. I frequently am removing droppings that would have sat.