Customer Service 866.965.0400

engine degrease waiver

Ralfy

Question

4 answers to this question

* Engine cleaning involves the use of chemicals and/or water in and around the engine compartment. While the utmost care will be taken to ensure no mechanical or electrical issues arise from this treatment, be aware it will be performed at the owner's discretion.

Modern and American cars shouldn't have a problem, but foreign cars, especially around the dawn of computer technology (80's and early 90's) you should be very careful with water in the engine bay. Adam explains this way back in the volume 5 DVD:

Just curious, I understand the logic but why would you want to ask someone to sign a waiver to clean their engine compartment? There is not to much you can hurt as long as you bag up exposed filters. IMO, you could do more damage detailing the interior and/or exterior of the car than the engine bay. (i.e accidentally dropping the polisher on the hood, kicking a ladder or step stool into the door trying to reach the roof, etc.)

But to answer your question, I would just google waiver templates and work off one of those. For it to be legit, you may need an attorney to assist you to ensure all of your basis are covered.

Signing a waiver is a sure fire way for somebody to turn down whatever is being offered - would you still grab a sample of something at Costco if you had to sign a waiver first?  There are much better ways to implicitly cover yourself against unforeseen circumstances......it's called insurance.  And to power wash an engine bay or take a buffer to somebody's paint without it is asking for trouble.  Any "waiver" without an insurance policy to back it up is completely toothless...it amounts to a cocktail napkin agreement.  I'm actually surprised this topic didn't get more attention considering how many folks here detail vehicles not belonging to them.  If you're detailing somebody's car at their residence or yours or wherever...insurance is a must.  

Insurance also lends a great deal of credibility to a detailing business and inspires confidence from the customer (unlike a waiver).  Call any of the Adam's distributors who also detail cars and ask if they're insured - the answer will be universally "yes".  Call a "detailer" you found on Craigslist and ask if they're insured - there isn't a stopwatch in this world that can measure how fast you'll get hanged up on.

Edited by Baron_Von_Awesome