Customer Service 866.965.0400

Video Cameras

toddimac

All,

Since I have been on the Adam's Forums, I have found this to be a place of well informed, discerning folks, with a low tolerance for crappy products, and an appreciation for stuff that is well made, works as advertised, and provides a good value for the buck.

Therefore:

Any video camera suggestions for filming sports, waterskiing, family jam sessions, etc?  I am looking at a GoPro Hero HD White Version.  Does anyone have this camera? Is it good?

Fire away!

Cheers,

Todd

Edited by toddimac

I have the gopro hero2 and I'm quite happy with it. Takes vid in 1080p. I bought it last summer and have taken a lot of videos withit. The gopro black comes with a remote control which would be nice. Here's one video I took with the fam suction cup mound on my windshield

I some what recently switched from the normal Hero HD to the new black series. While the black series (latest one) does alot better at night recording or low light situations, it does go through the battery quicker than it did with the other unit. The battery is physically smaller so i guess it should be expected. You can get a battery backpack add on that helps alot. Otherwise i think they are great cameras. Sony has a good one that is similar as well. Good luck.

My brother has the white version that you are looking at. It is pretty awesome. We also have the original go pro. The only differences I have seen between the white and black version is the still shot picture quality, so if you are just using it for video I wouldn't hesitate goin with the white version! I will be buying one shortly myself, let me know if you find any killer deals.