Customer Service 866.965.0400

General rv cleaning plus awning

j-r35

Question

So we just picked up a 29 ft chalet for camping purposes and wanted some general help on cleaning the exterior mainly the awning.  It's in need of a major cleaning, was thinking of hitting it w/APC and my fender brush to get it close to clean.  I'm assuming just car shampoo, maybe detail spray while drying, vrt any plastic and rubber, and glass cleaner w/sealant.  I'd think about sealing it but damn its 29 ft, haha.  Any other suggestions?  Going to go give it a go around w/Tid tomorrow or Wednesday whenever it switches hands.  

6 answers to this question

Definitely some AQS for the front cap, I just came back from the holiday and the bugs rinse off so much easier with the sealant applied.

Hope you have fun with the camper!

So we just picked up a 29 ft chalet for camping purposes and wanted some general help on cleaning the exterior mainly the awning.  It's in need of a major cleaning, was thinking of hitting it w/APC and my fender brush to get it close to clean.  I'm assuming just car shampoo, maybe detail spray while drying, vrt any plastic and rubber, and glass cleaner w/sealant.  I'd think about sealing it but damn its 29 ft, haha.  Any other suggestions?  Going to go give it a go around w/Tid tomorrow or Wednesday whenever it switches hands.  

Sounds like a great plan!  Just don't let the APC dry and you're good to go!  

I'd personally hit it with QS, but I'm OCD. 

Clean it with Hot water and APC.  If you have the means, if there are any left, we used to have a nice brush in the clearance area that was Perfect for large areas like an RV.  I'd think about using MSS on it instead of QS, simply because that's a lot of surface to hit by hand.

Mook