Customer Service 866.965.0400

Huge correction of 2004 Pontiac GP

jstephen

Question

So I had a chance to take my mothers car this weekend and give it a good Paint Correction, using the older three step process with a DA Polisher.

First the car was washed and quickly clayed only the the top surfaces.  The top was very rough and there was a huge amount of debris on the clay.  The paint has seen years of neglect sitting under a sap dripping tree, being run through hundreds of car washes, and years of sitting through the elements.

As you can see in the picts, there are thousands of scratches on the surfaces of this car.  To be honest, i really thought that the hood would have to be repainted because of all the damage.

Before:
Hood - Notice the hundreds of thousands of scratches in the hood and the extensive damage to the creases in the hood.

IMG 1476

IMG 1481

IMG 1480

Even found a lot of areas with stains in the paint.  Very odd that none of this washed out

Door Handle   -Again, hundreds of scratches all over the car.

IMG 1494

Door Panel

IMG 1495

Taped up all the trim and off i went on a 4 hours polishing adventure.

IMG 1482

After:

Hood - Could not belive that is could turn out this nice.

IMG 1490

IMG 1503

Door Handle  - Almost perfect.

IMG 1501

Door Panel - Almost Perfect.

IMG 1502

Overall - very very pleased with the results.  To be honest, there are parts that could have used another few passes, but time was short and still had to wax this thing.  

IMG 1498

IMG 1499

IMG 1500

Parents very very pleased.  Next time I visit i need to do the engine and interior.  Engine is very dirty, but at least the interior is in really good shape.  Then time to move on to Dad's 2008 Cadillac.

6 answers to this question