Customer Service 866.965.0400

2000 Chevy S-10 Xtreme - A Work In Progress

DonJuan692006

Interesting project for sure man. Keep it up! Sounds like the PO was a great at maintaining a ride lol......never owned an s-10 but had friends with them and plenty of good times in one. One actually still has his older model s-10 from high school and is building a 6.0 to put in it.

Interesting project for sure man. Keep it up! Sounds like the PO was a great at maintaining a ride lol......never owned an s-10 but had friends with them and plenty of good times in one. One actually still has his older model s-10 from high school and is building a 6.0 to put in it.

I think it was more the last two PO's didn't take care of it. I unbolted and separated the oil pan from the motor the day before yesterday and found that someone used caulk to try to plug a leak. It might have worked for a little bit, but has definitely failed since. I've got to finish pulling the tranny to get it out though, so I'll be working on that over the next few days plus a trip out of town this weekend. I feel like in two years this project will be done.

• 1 month later...

Well the oil pan project turned out to be more than I anticipated. Due to time constraints and having 14 days of rain during the process I just managed to finish. I also replaced the motor and tranny mounts while I was in there and switched to Royal Purple Synchromax tranny fluid. It's going to be nice to have something to drive besides my Mustang again.

Edited by DonJuan692006