Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from GA

jtrade

Hello.  I have been looking at some detailing products since we just purchased a new vehicle with Leather Interior, have never owned a vehicle with leather before.  Everything I have read and the videos I watched on Youtube rave about Adam's products so I figured I would sign up to the forums in case I have questions about what I might need to purchase to cover the complete interior of our new vehicle.

Thanks,

J

If you want everything you could possibly need then grab the kit.. If you only want to get what you need for light cleaning and dressing grab Adam's TID, Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner, Adam's GC, two Adam's Edgeless MF's, two Adam's Glass Cleaning MF's, and two Adam's Single Soft MF's.

Edited by DonJuan692006

If you want everything you could possibly need then grab the kit.. If you only want to get what you need for light cleaning and dressing grab Adam's TID, Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner, Adam's GC, two Adam's Edgeless MF's, two Adam's Glass Cleaning MF's, and two Adam's Single Soft MF's.

Thanks the kit you referenced first is exactly what I have my eye set on at the moment as it contains everything I believe I will need in 1 package except for a couple of the single or double white soft MF clothes to add to the kit for carpet cleaning since I believe that is what was used in the video I saw...  I will get a couple of those as well to add to the kit.

Still cringing at spending $120+ on cleaning supplies but I know it will be worth it in the long run, especially on all the leather we have in the car...

Edited by jtrade

Thanks the kit you referenced first is exactly what I have my eye set on at the moment as it contains everything I believe I will need in 1 package!

I do want to get a couple of the single sided white soft MF clothes to add to the kit for carpet cleaning since I believe that is what was used in the video I saw.

You can use the edgeless MF for dabbing at the carpet but I would still recommend the single soft for wiping off excess detailer. Good choice on the kit because even if you went the other route, you'd probably end up like the rest of us and buy the other items eventually anyways :D.

You can use the edgeless MF for dabbing at the carpet but I would still recommend the single soft for wiping off excess detailer. Good choice on the kit because even if you went the other route, you'd probably end up like the rest of us and buy the other items eventually anyways :D.

The video I watched showed Adam scrubbing a floor mat with the brush then wiping everything off with a white cloth, least I think it was white, so was gonna get one for carpet/floor mat use and the other for general purpose interior use...  May have to just get 2 each single and double white MF clothes...

Just watched the video for the kit and the woman uses a utility MF cloth on the floor mat so.....  Will go back and try to find Adam's video...

And you are right, I would prob spend twice as much not going the kit route but I think it will fit my needs for now, especially seeing how the vehicle is still brand new...  Thanks for the advice and help!!!

Edited by jtrade

Welcome.  While spending $120 on a kit is a chunk of change, it will get easier once you see how well the products work first hand.  There are things that I have cringed about spending the money on whether it be supplies or tools and accessories.  When I get them I always ask myself why I waited so long.

Welcome.  While spending $120 on a kit is a chunk of change, it will get easier once you see how well the products work first hand.  There are things that I have cringed about spending the money on whether it be supplies or tools and accessories.  When I get them I always ask myself why I waited so long.

The videos I saw are short of amazing...  I just hope I dont have to replenish the supplies often to clean/detail the new vehicle we have as it is the most important & has a tons of leather on the interior...  We will see how the supplies last as our other couple of vehicles have been neglected & could use a good cleaning, especially my work Truck...

Edited by jtrade

The videos I saw are short of amazing... I just hope I dont have to replenish the supplies often to clean/detail the new vehicle we have as it is the most important & has a tons of leather on the interior... We will see how the supplies last as our other couple of vehicles have been neglected & could use a good cleaning, especially my work Truck...

You should check out the interior of the S-10 I just bought and cleaned. It's in the Truck sub-forum. I haven't done a right up but it'll help see what their interior cleaner will do. For my Mustang though I only have the clean the interior every two weeks or so and even then I'll only use a light mist of product to freshen things up.

The videos I saw are short of amazing...  I just hope I dont have to replenish the supplies often to clean/detail the new vehicle we have as it is the most important & has a tons of leather on the interior...  We will see how the supplies last as our other couple of vehicles have been neglected & could use a good cleaning, especially my work Truck...

You will get it figured out in time.  A lot probably use more than necessary the first time.  Applying the product sparingly IMO works best as opposed to a heavy application.  Regular vacuuming and Total Interior Detailer every couple of weeks I found works for me.  When I find it necessary I will thoroughly clean the leather and then apply some conditioner.  It is all personal preference as to how often and rough you are on your interior.  I think you will be surprised as to how long a bottle of the Interior cleaning and dressing products will last.