Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams C&U Cleaner + Little Green Clean Machine/Steamer

cammyfive

Question

I have some Adams C&U Cleaner with the carpet brush that should be here mid to late week just in time for me spending a full day detailing my Acura TSX (2009 with 59k miles). One of my goals is getting the carpet back to brand new condition. Now, of the few passengers I've had in my car they all say "wow, this is so clean" but I'm talking to you guys bc you probably feel my pain with OCD. Haha. My main issue with the carpet is getting 100% of the soapy cleaner the dealership probably used out of it and making it truly "fresh" again.

My plan is a very thorough vaccuum and then spraying liberal amounts of Adams C&U cleaner and scrubbing by hand with the carpet brush. At that point I want to get as much dirt out as possible so would it be best to use a Bissell Little Green Clean Machine with hot water to extract/freshen or a true "steamer" like the McCulloch MC-1275 steamer to get the last reside out?? At this point I don't want to exceed the $100ish price range as I've spent over a $1000 on Adams products and services ????????

Thanks for all the input in advance!!

8 answers to this question

one thing i have found when using carpet and upholstery cleaner is that if you spray to much it, when you go to extract it, the bissell makes it foamy and takes forever to extract it all out 100%, i would brush the whole thing out with the carpet brush, vacuum it out real good, do a test spot with water only and see how it does, if it doesnt produce the results you are after then scrub it down with some carpet cleaner. just my .02

one thing i have found when using carpet and upholstery cleaner is that if you spray to much it, when you go to extract it, the bissell makes it foamy and takes forever to extract it all out 100%, i would brush the whole thing out with the carpet brush, vacuum it out real good, do a test spot with water only and see how it does, if it doesnt produce the results you are after then scrub it down with some carpet cleaner. just my .02

Thats very strange... theres pretty much absolutely NOTHING in our CUC that could foam up even if it wanted to. Are you sure you're not getting residues from another cleaner that was use previously? 

The formula contains no soaps or anything else that foams when agitated.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Thats very strange... theres pretty much absolutely NOTHING in our CUC that could foam up even if it wanted to. Are you sure you're not getting residues from another cleaner that was use previously? 

The formula contains no soaps or anything else that foams when agitated.

I've used it several times with the same extractor as the OP - I've gotten some minor, short lasting suds in the collection tank, but certaily no real FOAM.  I'm with you, Dylan:  gotta be old stuff left in the carpet.

I've used it several times with the same extractor as the OP - I've gotten some minor, short lasting suds in the collection tank, but certaily no real FOAM.  I'm with you, Dylan:  gotta be old stuff left in the carpet.

Only time I have seen anything close to foam as well.

9rn6hwCh.png

Also that nastiness is from the passenger floormat that was cleaned at the dealership... a bit of CUC in the Bissel with the hot water as well. Works great.