Customer Service 866.965.0400

Newbie with a question

Twistedgn

Question

Hi folks, I bought a PC 7424XP last year, and just got around to using it the past 2 weekends on my White Ram. It came with a kit with some other brand polishes. I do have Adams MSS, Buttery Wax, Detail Spray, and plan on buying more.

My question is, after I detailed it and sealed it with MSS and waxed it, i decided to debadged it! i would like to know what product and which pad would be best to try and remove the faint yellow stain from the adhesive if possible ?

Thanks

Edited by Twistedgn

7 answers to this question

I think you are talking about the adhesive left on the truck right? When I debadged I used Goo Gone, Goof Off with a microfiber towel. 3M makes a good adhesive remover but it is hard to find locally. Whatever adhesive remover you use will of course remove your sealant so make sure you reapply your sealant once you get the adhesive off and get it cleaned up. 

Edited by texinfin

Thanks Texinfin, but I actually did that with the Goof Off, but the clearcoat is stained from the badges being on there so long. I am not sure if I would need to use a light liquid compound or if the Paint Correcting polish would do it?

I think I might have waited a little longer than you maybe 7 years before I debadged. After I finished getting off the residue I cleaned it up, clayed, then polished. I used a compound since it had been so long and it cleaned it right up. Good job on the truck it looks really good.