Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Spots

Mirrorlike

Question

Hey guys I recently did a full paint correction on my camaro and I sealed and put 2 coats of wax on it. The paint was perfect! But, I had to leave it outside and it got water spots on it from rain and possibly from the sprinklers on the drivers side door, but I am not sure about the sprinklers. Anyways it had some pretty big water spots on it because the camaro has 2 pooling spots on the hoods as I like to say, everything else beaded up wonderfully except for those spots. Anyways if you guys don't know Florida has has some pretty hard water. Also, the water spots have been on the paint since sunday or monday of last week. I WILL be washing it tomorrow and be putting on a fresh coat of wax tomorrow. My question is, was all my paint correction for nothing? Will there be tons and tons of water spots?

6 answers to this question

Depends on what the "spot" actually is. Some spots are physically etched into the clearcoat while others are simply rings of dirt that were the outlines of the water which dried on your car. The former will need to be polished out while the latter can be washed or clayed off. It's difficult to give any direct advice without any photos of what you're dealing with though.

Well when I went to park it the other day so I could get it out of the way I rubbed one of the water spots with my finger and it came off and kind of smeared around. YES, i know I couldn't help myself. I had to see if it would come of easily but that is the best I can describe it.

Awesome! You don't know how happy I am to hear that, I spent upwards of 20 hours of paint correction because my dealership washed it, I would hate for those hours to go to waste, anyways you put my mind at ease. I will be able to sleep easy tonight. Thanks!

Good news! They came off! Thank the Lord, so glad my 20 hours of labor didn't go to waste! I would not have been a happy camper lol. There were a few tiny ones but that is expected. After a full wash I blow dried the car and then put a fresh layer of carnuba wax on top because I wanted to keep the protection after the marathon it just ran of protecting my O so important paint since monday of last week. Thanks for all the help guys!