Customer Service 866.965.0400

i cleaned my pads..

dhh_93

Question

well i got my gen 2 set today, polished with revive polish and waxed with buttery wax. my white polishing pad was really orange when i was through. i sprayed it down with simple green, then scrubbed then blasted it with the water hose. took me forever, but i got it finally a kind of off white color. i was making sure that it is normal for it not to come out as white as it was when i got it. also i cleaned it so hard, most of the "Adam's" print under the velcro is worn off lol. i didnt wash it too hard did i? im just making sure im doing this stuff right, thanks!

Guest V6Power

I always keep my pads in sealed bags, never had a problem, just make sure they are absolutely dry, just feeling dry to the touch doesn't nesessarily mean they are completely dry. I usually leave mine 3-4 days to dry before putting in the bag.

The only time i've had a pad break up is when i've gotten too over enthusiastic around edges of doors, etc. and nicked the edge of the pad.

Ohh, and all my white pads are anything but white anymore, so don't worry about discoloration.

I'm on my second use and they look like new... lol

Easy to clean but they take forever to dry!!!! I found sitting them on their edge with a towel under them makes MUCH quicker work of drying. Also flinging them around with my arm (like fast pitch softball) works VERY well at removing the excess water.

Chris

I'm on my second use and they look like new... lol

Easy to clean but they take forever to dry!!!! I found sitting them on their edge with a towel under them makes MUCH quicker work of drying. Also flinging them around with my arm (like fast pitch softball) works VERY well at removing the excess water.

Chris

I agree. In cool weather, I sit mine on the radiator in my utility room. They are dry in a couple of hours. During the summer, I'll likely put them on the back porch to dry. I keep mine in a plastic bag for storage also, but they are dry...

I put them back on the PC and turn it on in the sink or a bucket. Starting on a slow OPM then working my way up until most of the moisture is out. This is important to start slow because the excess water weight in the pads will make the PC a wild animal. Then I let them air dry which takes alot less time.

I put them back on the PC and turn it on in the sink or a bucket. Starting on a slow OPM then working my way up until most of the moisture is out. This is important to start slow because the excess water weight in the pads will make the PC a wild animal. Then I let them air dry which takes alot less time.

Good call!

I soak my pads in DP Polishing pad Rejuvenator then rinse completely squeeze them dry by hand then take a terry cloth towel folding in half stick the pad in between the towel step on it with full body weight to get all excess water out then sit the pads on their side to dry over two days. I have pads that have been used for 4 years and they still look almost new doing it this way. The DP cleaner is the ONLY product that can get my pads clean. I have tried various APC and dawn and the DP CLeaner is the only stuff i will use. There is Nothing better.