Customer Service 866.965.0400

Behind The Badges

Wolfhound

Question

Hello everyone,

I took the badges off of my white Ram and there is some staining around the edges of where they used to be along with light yellowing. I do not have a machine for polishing so I need help with getting this cleaned off by hand. I have never used any polish before so any help is appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Clay bar is a must if you just removed badging. It will help remove any leftover adhesive residue, as well as all the stuff that was stuck to the paint around the badge. If you haven't clayed your car ever, you may as well get it all done at once.

Polish would come next, and since you don't have a machine, Revive Polish is the way to go. This will clear up all the discoloration you see and prep the area for sealant or wax. RP is very versatile and can be used on plastic as well as the rest of the paint on your car. Great for clearing up yellowed or cloudy head/brake light lenses.

Here are some demo videos of clay bar and hand polish technique

On my white RAM I just pulled them off like command strips, and the hit the area with some 3M adhesive remover which is the best I've found yet! I then clayed, polished and sealed the whole truck. Of course my truck literally had like 35 miles on it. ;)

On my white RAM I just pulled them off like command strips, and the hit the area with some 3M adhesive remover which is the best I've found yet! I then clayed, polished and sealed the whole truck. Of course my truck literally had like 35 miles on it. ;)

Did you ever post up pics of your truck?