Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Tuesday Night Date with Adam's!

Junkman2008

Uh, the polish that is. I know I can't give you guys a inch with you all's imagination! :lol:

So I've been working on my ride and haven't had a chance to drive it since Christmas. It has just been sitting and collecting dust because I can't keep it covered and work on it at the same time. Just look at that dust! :(

dusty_ride1.jpg

I broke out my Adam's supplies and went at it. The first thing I needed to do is get the garage at a nice working temperature. I settled on the low 60's.

dusty_ride2.jpg

Next, I broke out my Adam's fire nozzle and rinsed all that dust off the car.

dusty_ride3.jpg

Then came the foam gun and the Adam's Car Wash.

dusty_ride4.jpg

Using Adam's 4.1 ratio, I was able to get a nice soapy bath for my baby. So I soaked her down to get rid of any caked on dirt...

dusty_ride6.jpg

Got my Adam's Grit Guard wash bucket nice and full along with a rinse bucket...

dusty_ride7.jpg

...and went at it. I cleaned her inside and out. One area that was really annoying me to death was the area under my fuel rail covers. It was dusty, dirty filthy and I couldn't take it anymore. So out came the All Purpose spray. I sprayed the area thoroughly and let it soak in. Then I rinsed it gently with water and blew it dry with my leaf blower. I must say, it came out rather well and for the first time, my belt didn't squeak one time after washing the engine!

dusty_ride8.jpg

So I dried her off and put her blanket on. Tomorrow I plan on going on a swirl hunt and putting some wax on her. Right now she's bare, but she still looks good.

dusty_ride9.jpg

Thanks Adam! :2thumbs:

Edited by Junkman2008

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great Junkman!

That 4:1 ratio works well with my foamer attachment for my pressure washer. Really thick foam, its great!:)

Are you going to clay her too??

She definitely looks a lot better! Great work!

Gotta love Adam's!:thumbsup:

No need to clay as the car is garage kept and the paint is smooth as glass. Once I clayed it the first time, I kept it cleaned and waxed so none of those gritty contaminants had a chance to come back. I made sure of that because claybarring wore my ball and socket joint out for 3 months!

It's sure great to have you here JunkMan! I love those soap guns, still, for some reason, I can't find the country of origin on the packaging or bottle?? If they are made in our Great Country, we are going to start carrying them.:patriot:

How did you like the 4:1 ratio on our Shampoo? Think that's the magic spot?? Thanks A.J.!!:thumbsup:

I don't know where they are made but they are well designed. And yes, 4:1 is the sweet spot! I got a nice rich lather, especially when I went to full foam! :thumbsup:

Great job AJ!!! :banana::banana:

I knew you had more than just talent in "other" places. :lol:

Shhhh! Don't be putting our business out there on Front Street! :lol:

Edited by Junkman2008

It's sure great to have you here JunkMan! I love those soap guns, still, for some reason, I can't find the country of origin on the packaging or bottle?? If they are made in our Great Country, we are going to start carrying them.:patriot:

How did you like the 4:1 ratio on our Shampoo? Think that's the magic spot?? Thanks A.J.!!:thumbsup:

According to the manufacturer's information, as posted on a very large .com site, the Gilmour Foamaster Gun is proudly made in the USA. :patriot:

Edited by mikegeaney

According to the manufacturer's information, as posted on a very large .com site, the Gilmour Foamaster Gun is proudly made in the USA. :patriot:

Awesome Mike, we'll be offering them as soon as possible, as I love those! :thumbsup:

What folks need to realize about the foam gun is that it is NOT a high pressure device made to knock dirt off the car, it is more of a super soaker made to loosen up the dirt on the car. That way, you're not grinding embedded dirt across the paint during your wash which creates those lovely spider swirls.

I have yet to see a device that will take the dirt and dirt film off a car. One may remove the dirt, but nothing short of rubbing on the car is going to remove the dirt film. :2thumbs:

Okay, here goes part 2 of my Tuesday night date!

I told you all that I was going swirl hunting. Well I didn't have to search hard because I made the mistake of wiping the car down after a very light drizzle that I got caught in. The problem with doing so is the fact that dirt and grime had settled on the car from the drive and when I wiped the microfiber towel across the paint, I basically took some very light sandpaper to it. This is why I'm not big fan of the waterless wash products because if the car is not clean, you take a chance of doing exactly what I did.

Check out my before pictures:

tuesday1.jpg

tuesday2.jpg

tuesday3.jpg

IS THAT HIDEOUS OR WHAT?

So, I broke out my Flex and some Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover, some Adam's Detail Spray, my Adam's orange and white second generation pads, and a couple of microfiber towels.

Here's a short video of the damage, as if the pictures are not enough.

This next video actually shows me doing one pass at the damage.

Here are a few things to note. I used a orange pad but could have used a white pad instead. Since my paint was in very good shape (thus easily damaged), I didn't necessarily need to get as aggressive as the orange pad. The white pad probably would have gotten rid of the damage just as effectively. As a rule, you want to go at a problem with the lightest, most effective method possible. Remember, you are shaving off the clearcoat so the less shaving you do is better for the paint.

If your paint is full of swirls and you have never done any paint correction, you will definitely need the orange pad.

Now for the results. Here's what the paint looks like now after my paint correction. As you can see, this is turning into quite a successful date!

tuesday4.jpg

tuesday5.jpg

tuesday6.jpg

Anything that you see that resemble a scratch is nothing more than a reflection off the pipes on the ceiling or something in the garage. This fender is now swirl free.

Once I get all the paint correction completed, I will hit the whole car with some Adam's Revive Polish. After that, I will come behind it with some Adam's Buttery Wax. I'll then wipe the whole thing down with some detail spray and cover her up and put here to bed. I probably won't get to drive here again for weeks so I'll just come down to the garage and peak under the sheets just to make sure she's okay.

Come another nice, dry and sunny day, I'm putting this bling on the road! :rockon:

The Junkman

Edited by Junkman2008

Nice write-up AJ! I always enjoy reading your articles! And thanks for following up with lot's of pics. Pics always make a thread more interesting!

BTW, what's that I smell on the grill? :lol:

I wish! :lol:

I was in the garage at about 3:00 AM doing this. But you can bet my next Adam's video will have some serious grill action going! :thumbsup:

THANK YOU A.J.:bow: I'm thinking the next video series we do should star the JunkMan! So, you are in the garage at 3AM? Your beautiful girlfriend must be pretty understanding.

Great video, as always AJ, and I appreciate the kind display of our goods, and agree 100% with your words on the Flex XC polisher. It's a great machine, and I also like using it. Certainly better for someone with a little experience though.

If you need any goods for your next video, your wish is my command:thumbsup:

THANK YOU A.J.:bow: I'm thinking the next video series we do should star the JunkMan! So, you are in the garage at 3AM? Your beautiful girlfriend must be pretty understanding.

Great video, as always AJ, and I appreciate the kind display of our goods, and agree 100% with your words on the Flex XC polisher. It's a great machine, and I also like using it. Certainly better for someone with a little experience though.

If you need any goods for your next video, your wish is my command:thumbsup:

Shucks Adam, you got me blushing over here! lol.gif

My next project is going to be a doozy! I'm going to bring back to life something that most folks would leave for dead on the side of the road (as far as paint is concerned). Both of my video cameras are still in the shop and I actually used my still camera to film these videos. I had to buy a 8Gb SD card just to fit these short videos on it. :willy:

As for the girlfriend, she's mad at me as usual. But Valentine's Day is coming up and she'll get over it rather quickly. :D

Good for you AJ, you going to schmooze her with flowers and candy? Maybe detail out her car??:lol:

Nah... flowers are worthless, candy goes to her thighs and she won't keep her own car clean. She gets happy when I just pay attention to her and watch a movie on the Oxygen channel. You know, where a man does the woman wrong, and end the end she gets revenge. Then the next movie comes on where a man does the woman wrong, and she gets even in the end. Then the next movie comes on where the man does the woman wrong...

And she complains about me watching Cops all the time! lol.gif

Nah... flowers are worthless, candy goes to her thighs and she won't keep her own car clean. She gets happy when I just pay attention to her and watch a movie on the Oxygen channel. You know, where a man does the woman wrong, and end the end she gets revenge. Then the next movie comes on where a man does the woman wrong, and she gets even in the end. Then the next movie comes on where the man does the woman wrong...

And she complains about me watching Cops all the time! lol.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif At least you know what she likes A.J!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's the final tally. I finally laid on the wax and pulled her out for some pictures just as it was getting dark. I'd say I'm happy with it! :thumbsup:

PS: Wow, thanks for the promotion guys! I'm flattered! :2thumbs:

adam_shine3.jpg

adam_shine4.jpg

adam_shine5.jpg

adam_shine6.jpg

adam_shine7.jpg

adam_shine8.jpg

Edited by Junkman2008