Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using the PC :)

eleven357

Question

Hello everyone!

I finally had some extra time to clay and try out my new PC with the 2nd gen pads! :rockon:

Here are some pics!;)

My Garage:

CIMG5101.jpg

S&H +RP by hand(no wax):

CIMG5107.jpg

Taping the gaps:

CIMG5112.jpg

CIMG5113.jpg

After first run with PC and S&H,FMP. No wax! :) Look at that shine!:drool:

CIMG5114.jpg

Thanks Adam's!;):D

19 answers to this question

Why the tape? And what type is it?

Thanks

Its the 233+ from 3M, and its to keep stuff out of the cracks. That way I don't have to go back later and remove all the crap that got stuck in the cracks.

I also heard that the clearcoat is usually thinner at the edges.

looks good Chris, I don't often tape, I just am more careful near the edges. Most BMW's have what is called a ceramic clear coat which is VERY tough, with the PC you would have to do some serious grinding in one spot to do damage. When I get a car that has a clear coat like that I use special compounds designed to cut into it.

looks good Chris, I don't often tape, I just am more careful near the edges. Most BMW's have what is called a ceramic clear coat which is VERY tough, with the PC you would have to do some serious grinding in one spot to do damage. When I get a car that has a clear coat like that I use special compounds designed to cut into it.

Thank you for the kind words.:banana:

I guess my swirls weren't that bad, but the S&H +FMP worked wonders. Zero swirl after 2 passes.

When will Adam's come out with a compound?

Edited by eleven357

The Adams products work extremely well, but there are times when I can work faster with a heavy compound on a car that has been badly neglected, alot of the cars I see are in bad shape due to our climate and most owners are not into cars and don't use proper washing methods leading to deep scratches and bad swirls.

Edited by Sundog Detailing
poor wording

The Adams products work extremely well unless you get a vehicle that has been badly neglected, alot of the cars I see are in bad shape due to our climate and most owners are not into cars and don't use proper washing methods leading to deep scratches and bad swirls.

Yeah I was suprised to not find more contaminants in my clay when I clayed her, since it was the first time I got her.

The tape intrigues me. As soon as weather clears up and I have time am going to use PC for first time. When use tape assume you need to keep PC off of it? How easy is it to control accuracy with PC?...Does tape leave any residue on weather stripping etc? If so how do you remove?

Thank you

The tape intrigues me. As soon as weather clears up and I have time am going to use PC for first time. When use tape assume you need to keep PC off of it? How easy is it to control accuracy with PC?...Does tape leave any residue on weather stripping etc? If so how do you remove?

Thank you

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Yeah you should keep the PC off of the tape when using it. The PC is actually relatively easy to control. The 233+ tape from 3M does not leave any residue on your paint. Hope that helps!