Customer Service 866.965.0400

2014 GMC Sierra Denali

Mark L

Very nice truck kinda makes me wish I needed a new truck. Is that the factory spray in bedliner?

Sadly no.

I got it sprayed on by a local guy here where I live. I got a pretty good price on it: $345+TAX....... when I originally called he said $425, but I called my GMC dealer and had them call over and he ended up giving me dealership pricing, saved $80 :D

At the time I ordered this truck (March 7th), the factory spray on bed liner wasn't available. I believe it still isn't available on the 1500's. I know the 2500 and 3500's come standard with a spray on bed liner, but those are assembled in Flint, MI, whereas all the crew cab 1500s from GM are unfortunately assembled in Silao, Mexico 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_GMT_platform

GMT K2XX:

"Four plants will build GMT K2XX products: Arlington Assembly (all SUVs), Flint Truck Assembly (double and crew cab heavy-duty pickups), and Fort Wayne Assembly (regular and double cab light- and heavy-duty pickups) in the United States, along with Silao Assembly in Mexico (crew cab light duty pickups). The first GMT K2XX vehicles produced were light-duty crew cabs built at Silao Assembly, followed shortly afterwards by light-duty regular and double cabs built at Fort Wayne Assembly."

Edited by Mark L

That sucks but at least you got a good deal and it looks pretty nice. It is unfortunate that your truck was assembled in Mexico. I was surprised when I found the Fort Wayne sticker on my door jamb after I bought it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Eric,

If I towed at all, I would have gotten the 2500 with the Duramax, but it's not practical for me.

To be honest, I'm extremely impressed with the 6.2L and the gas mileage so far. I'm getting 16+ mixed right now, better than my 2010 5.3L GMC Sierra

Love the truck 

• 7 months later...

Looks great mean! I'm gonna try to get a loaded out SLT by next Summer in the 6.2L.

Thank you.

I love this truck, by far the smoothest riding and most powerful GM truck I've ever owned. It's fun to drive. 

Just got some Weathertech floor mats today and they fit like a glove.

Thank you.

I love this truck, by far the smoothest riding and most powerful GM truck I've ever owned. It's fun to drive. 

Just got some Weathertech floor mats today and they fit like a glove.

My very first mod back in my currently 07 SIlverado was WeatherTech floor mats, they are still doing great to this day, they're about 5 years old. Any negative feedback on your truck currently, things you don't like?

My very first mod back in my currently 07 SIlverado was WeatherTech floor mats, they are still doing great to this day, they're about 5 years old. Any negative feedback on your truck currently, things you don't like?

To be honest, there is no negative feedback about the truck.

It is BY FAR the best GM truck I've ever owned. The smoothest riding, most powerful, largest interior cabin ever (I'm 6'4'' and I can put the front seats all the way back and still have leg room in the back seats).

The gas mileage is what I can't get over. I've taken it to San Diego and back twice, near 1K mile round trips a piece and I averaged 21 MPG in the intense valley 100*+ heat. I was able to get all the way to my brother's place on 1 tank! 455 miles door to door. And that includes going over the Grapevine (mountain range that separates NorCal and SoCal). 

The only things I wish this truck had, especially given the price I paid, are:

1. rear heated seats

2. HID projector headlamps, not halogen projector heaadlamps (I'll be taking care of this issue myself, I'm going to do an HID retrofit with Morimoto projectors and ballasts). 

That's pretty much it. The standard features this truck comes with is awesome....... heated and AC cooled front seats, custom digital guages with proprietary Denali guage cluster, the heated steering wheel is awesome too! Nothing like warm hands on cold days. 

I will DEFINITELY only be buying Denali trucks in my future, always been a Silverado guy, but I can't stand the front end design post 2007. Too much chrome for me. 

Edited by Mark L

To be honest, there is no negative feedback about the truck.

It is BY FAR the best GM truck I've ever owned. The smoothest riding, most powerful, largest interior cabin ever (I'm 6'4'' and I can put the front seats all the way back and still have leg room in the back seats).

The gas mileage is what I can't get over. I've taken it to San Diego and back twice, near 1K mile round trips a piece and I averaged 21 MPG in the intense valley 100*+ heat. I was able to get all the way to my brother's place on 1 tank! 455 miles door to door. And that includes going over the Grapevine (mountain range that separates NorCal and SoCal). 

The only things I wish this truck had, especially given the price I paid, are:

1. rear heated seats

2. HID projector headlamps, not halogen projector heaadlamps (I'll be taking care of this issue myself, I'm going to do an HID retrofit with Morimoto projectors and ballasts). 

That's pretty much it. The standard features this truck comes with is awesome....... heated and AC cooled front seats, custom digital guages with proprietary Denali guage cluster, the heated steering wheel is awesome too! Nothing like warm hands on cold days. 

I will DEFINITELY only be buying Denali trucks in my future, always been a Silverado guy, but I can't stand the front end design post 2007. Too much chrome for me. 

Yours is the 6.2L right? Do you ever got on the GM forums? You can learn A LOT from there and especially when you buy a new truck the mod bug hits you very hard.  :banana: 

When I test drove that '15 Denali the other day, I fell in love with it! The only thing I didn't like was that the radio seemed laggy when you was adjusting the volume or changing the stations while on XM radio. Is yours like that?

Also, thats what I would do on the headlights, I got HIDs just in my lows and fogs, one mod highly recommend. I have Spencer HIDS, running 6K. I really like em. Next time, I might go with 5K, its pure white light.

Yours is the 6.2L right? Do you ever got on the GM forums? You can learn A LOT from there and especially when you buy a new truck the mod bug hits you very hard.  :banana: 

When I test drove that '15 Denali the other day, I fell in love with it! The only thing I didn't like was that the radio seemed laggy when you was adjusting the volume or changing the stations while on XM radio. Is yours like that?

Also, thats what I would do on the headlights, I got HIDs just in my lows and fogs, one mod highly recommend. I have Spencer HIDS, running 6K. I really like em. Next time, I might go with 5K, its pure white light.

Yes 6.2L.

I'm a member over at GMTrucks.com, GMFullsize.com, and GM Inside News.

I'm trying to lay off the mod bug, it's hit me hard in the past. That's pretty much the reason I got the Denali.

I'm planning on leveling the front rake of the truck this Spring, then contemplating an exhaust, but not wanting to spend the $1250 for the Borla or Corsa. We'll see. The HID mod will take place in Spring too. Maybe some AMP steps as well, if I can find a good deal.

Don't have any issues with my radio at all. I had 1 small issue with voice navigation not working back in July, but it hasn't happened since.

Yeah I'm going stock 4300K pure white light on mine. Going to get all my stuff at The RetroFit Source. Going with high quality Morimoto ballasts, bulbs and projectors. 

Yes 6.2L.

I'm a member over at GMTrucks.com, GMFullsize.com, and GM Inside News.

I'm trying to lay off the mod bug, it's hit me hard in the past. That's pretty much the reason I got the Denali.

I'm planning on leveling the front rake of the truck this Spring, then contemplating an exhaust, but not wanting to spend the $1250 for the Borla or Corsa. We'll see. The HID mod will take place in Spring too. Maybe some AMP steps as well, if I can find a good deal.

Don't have any issues with my radio at all. I had 1 small issue with voice navigation not working back in July, but it hasn't happened since.

Yeah I'm going stock 4300K pure white light on mine. Going to get all my stuff at The RetroFit Source. Going with high quality Morimoto ballasts, bulbs and projectors. 

I'm a member of those sites too except for GM Inside News. Never been on there. Also, check out SilveradoSierra.com

Hopefully I can't get a new truck by next Spring or Summer. I want a Sierra, but probably gonna get a SLT instead of a Denali.

Those AMP steps would be pretty sweet! Along with Borla or Corsa, would give it a real nice sound!