Customer Service 866.965.0400

CORDLESS D/A ?

PHILLIE PHANATIC

Question

Yesterday I was detailing my Silverado, extended cab, 8' bed, 22' long with my Porter Cable. I was constantly rolling over the cord with my seat on wheels, constantly getting the cord stuck around the tires, numerous times having it become unplugged from the extension cord from pulling on the cord as I moved around the truck.Am I the ONLY person with this problem? Unless I constantly moved the extension cord from 1 side of the garage to the other, why doesn't someone invent a CORDLESS D/A? They have cordless drills, saws outdoor power equipment, I can't believe that no one has come up with one yet ! Is there one out there that I'm not aware of?

7 answers to this question

I think you would have to have 506 batteries and maybe more so you could finish a job in a day. It would also add weight to the machine.  The other machines you mentioned aren't used contentiously for several hours on end.  

Might want to consider how much you move around with the polisher. I typically only go around the car once with the polisher. The cord is over my shoulder and only have to move the extension cord 4 times,when I switch to each side of the car. I do lay the polisher down and pick it up multiple times as I work each side of the car. I do not have a rolling seat so I don't have any experience in dealing with wheels with the cords.

Thanks Ed, I didn't think that I was the only one. Dave you've got to remember that when I detail my vehicles it's usually at least a 3 step

system. I used swirl remover then polish and then sealant, and I still must wax it. I've read where they have outdoor power tools that they say can run for 3 hours constantly and you could have a backup battery charging in the mean time. Just a thought.

(Hey Ed, GO IRONPIGS !)