Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Car Dealer car washes

Bunjy

Go figure, hubby and I go to look at new cars on lot and found the perfect vehicle on lot with only 5 miles, We purchase it and tell the salesman NOT TO WASH THE CAR. Next day we rush to the dealer to pick up our new ride only to find the salesman wiping down the car with a towel to dry it off from the rain. Needless to say anything dirt on that vehicle was rubbed into the clear coat! My face was full of disappointment and needless to say I told him to keep the car. You would think they would get it, do not wash probably because customer doesn't want scratches on clear coat DAH!

My tour to the wash bay frightened me as I saw the towels they used and rusty metal detail carts with towels draped over them ready for the next victim! How can they even think anyone wouldn't be appalled if they only knew!

Sound like a scene from a horror movie! Lol

Sounds like a typical dealership.

My truck had 33 miles on it and sat in a show room when I bought it... Looked like crap under the right light.

Spent about 5 days fixing whatever it is that they did.

Edited by Kingsford

Then they look at you and say, "I was just trying to do you a favor."... NOT! (Or maybe he did --we cancelled the sale and kept our $30,000.00)!

We bought our challenger from these bozos a few years ago and worked ourselves to the bone to get all the scratches buffed out.

Sounds like some of you are feeling my pain from similar experiences!

Thank goodness for Adams products and instructional videos. My heros! How about a Adams sticker that says " Adams polishes my cars first responder" or a take off of the "One Adam 12 " TV series for a Adams spoof!

I Agee Matt, some do come damaged from the factory. What happened in taking some pride in the work that is done right from the build to delivery. Wonder if Porsche or Mercedes have these issues?

I Agee Matt, some do come damaged from the factory. What happened in taking some pride in the work that is done right from the build to delivery. Wonder if Porsche or Mercedes have these issues?

Since you mentioned it, yes.  I took all of the pictures below immediately after the transportation wrap was removed.  Where I work, each new car gets a hand wash, clay, polish, and wax once it's sold, so atypical I guess compared to most dealers.

Porsche Cayenne GTS:

IMAG2693_zps975d6d28.jpg

Audi A8:

IMAG1867_zpsa162f38b.jpg

VW Jetta:

IMAG1993_zpse75fdb64.jpg

All cars do to a certain degree and actually Ferrari has some of the worst factory defects of the premium brands.

Thats a bummer, but shouldnt be a deal breaker. Thats why you're on the forum and Adam's is here to help.

I agree with Buddy, I've seen Ferrari's that I couldn't believe left the factory in the state they were in.

I can't say that I blame you in the least for telling them to keep the car. I know I would have when we bought out Accord. I very specifically told them not to wash it or no deal. Surprisingly they obliged...