Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish Stain Removal

Blackdevil77

Question

After I finished washing my car, I noticed the rear plastic diffusor has what looks like a wax or polish stain/residue on it. I tried a few things to get it out with no luck, including V.R.T which just masked it, it didn't really remove it. This was there when I bought the car so I don't know EXACTLY what made it, but it looks like polish/wax. Any tips on getting this stain out?

20140513_184133_zps7af68085.jpg

Last time I used peanut butter to remove wax stains, this little guy just sorta hung there...watching...waiting.

attachicon.gif20130731_131229.jpg

LOL!

The $100 question is:  What brand of peanut butter did you use?

Jif?

Skippy?

Peter Pan?

Crunchy?

Extra Crunchy?

Creamy?

Natural?

Honey Nut?

Reduced Fat?

We need this down to a scientific regimen people!

I actually used Skippy "Reduced Fat" peanut butter, but I would imagine any would work. 

I have to admit I was a little skeptical about the peanut butter thing but not anymore. It absolutely works and a lot easier than scrubbing with APC. Thanks for the tip Kingsford. I owe you a beer.

I have to admit I was a little skeptical about the peanut butter thing but not anymore. It absolutely works and a lot easier than scrubbing with APC. Thanks for the tip Kingsford. I owe you a beer.

No problem buddy! What I'm here for just like helping out!

I am so glad I found this thread.  I had wax on my plastic as well and the All Purpose Cleaner didn't work at all.  All Purpose Cleaner was useless for this task.  Peanut butter worked as described.  Effortless.