Customer Service 866.965.0400

My "safe" parking spot

Thorsager

Yesterday I went to work and parked in my "safe" parking spot. It's on the roof, next to the concrete barrier, over the line. 0% chance of a door ding. My wife came to work later and parked on the same level. We came out of work at 11:30 pm to find what looked like white waterspots all over the cars. At first I thought we may have had a rain shower but my car was just washed so there was no dirt on it. Next I thought it may have come from the construction site next to the garage where a new building is being built. We both were tired from work so we just left. We got home and she said, "do you think it could be fuel from one of the helicopters?" I rubbed one of the spots and it did have a greasy feel to it. Pretty sure it was aviation fuel. So at midnight I am washing cars. I get up before work and wash cars.

Both cars had a layer of the new Adams liquid paint sealant and Adams Americana so they cleaned up great! I now have to find a new "safe" spot to park!

Eek! Never thought about having to be concerned about something like that while looking for a safe parking spot. Usually all I think about is door dings, no trees to hold birds above the car or pollen/seeds/needles/sap. This is totally new!

I wonder how much exercise some of us get from using safe parking spots? :)

If it makes you feel better, I too have washed my car near midnight, in the driveway, because there was some worrisome substance on it. Diesel fuel, hydraulic fluid, bird crap.... Yup, I'm right there with you, buddy. :cheers: