Customer Service 866.965.0400

Virgin detailer checkin in

08G8V8

I always kept my 2003 Silverado clean, but always used the drivethrough carwash.

Since I bought my 2008 Pontiac G8GT, black, I've been buying all sorts of stuff to hand wash at home without scratching or leaving swirls. I knew black was going to be a PITA to keep clean and looking good, so I better learn how to do it properly!

Just bought the machine essentials package last night, and a Porter Cable, so I am going to start by learning on my Silverado to remove the swirls I've put into(as best I can) before I touch the G8.

So, I'm sure I will be looking on here for all sorts of tips and advice.

Jeff

Welcome. Nothing looks better than clean/properly detailed black vehicle in my opinion.....having owned one it is certainly a chore. You will love the PC, as well as the Adam's products. There is a ton of great information in the videos so make sure you watch those.

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the site Fellow G8GT owner!

Thanks. I will be getting some pictures up here shortly. I am in the process of removing the chrome around the doors and door handles. I just don't care for it against the black. Too flashy for me!

Thanks. I will be getting some pictures up here shortly. I am in the process of removing the chrome around the doors and door handles. I just don't care for it against the black. Too flashy for me!

Sweet, are you using the Aussie trim to do it? Or are you powder coating the existing parts?

Sweet, are you using the Aussie trim to do it? Or are you powder coating the existing parts?

Yes, I ordered the trim from Crazy Paul(great guy) from GRRRR8.net. It was quite a bit cheaper than what JHP is charging. I also ordered a set of the door handles that the V6 model gets, and one of the guys on the G8 forums is a painter for Cadillac, and he has painted them for me. I've got the trim already installed. The door handles are being shipped and should be here in the next 3-4 days. Once I get the handles on, I will throw a coat of Spray Glaze on it and get some pictures taken(once we get a nice sunny day which is hard to come by in the Pacific Northwest!)

Yes, I ordered the trim from Crazy Paul(great guy) from GRRRR8.net. It was quite a bit cheaper than what JHP is charging. I also ordered a set of the door handles that the V6 model gets, and one of the guys on the G8 forums is a painter for Cadillac, and he has painted them for me. I've got the trim already installed. The door handles are being shipped and should be here in the next 3-4 days. Once I get the handles on, I will throw a coat of Spray Glaze on it and get some pictures taken(once we get a nice sunny day which is hard to come by in the Pacific Northwest!)

Sounds like you have been busy! I ordered the Aussie steering wheel and gear shifter from Paul, you are right he is an outstanding fellow.

Hi Jeff!

So happy to have you as a customer and on the site! The kit you got will be exactly what you need to get your truck looking amazing!

When you start detailing and have questions, please feel free to call and ask!

Can't wait to see the before and after pictures! ;)

Ashley

• 1 month later...