Customer Service 866.965.0400

The "Miss Daisy" Vehicle: The Automated Affect

StubStang

IMO the biggest hurdle in self-driving cars is the legal liability. Who is responsible for an accident? Who is at fault?

Currently we already have cars on the road that are doing some driving. If you haven't experienced it, try the current model Mercedes S Class with the optional Distronic Plus w/Steering Assist. It is awesome in slow traffic and stop/go traffic. It takes a huge part of the frustration out of traffic jams. Or when cruising on the highway it will watch the cars around you and also steer - you can take your hands off the wheel and watch it do the work - but for liability purposes it will require that you put your hands back on the wheel after 20 seconds (if you are going more than 20 mph).

I love driving but also see the benefit of having the safety of cars that have autonomy.

I love driving but also see the benefit of having the safety of cars that have autonomy.

I agree just as additional tools to help the driver. 

Anyone catch the 60 mins show on how cars can be remotely hacked?

I did not see that but while back saw the Mercedes model that had 91 different computers in one car that are interfaced together.  I think the guy said "91 different computers talking to each other".