Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sticky Clear coat

Sundog Detailing

Question

5 answers to this question

I would like to know if the Adams S&H, and FMP gum up on the sticky clears that are found on the Lexus lines? I have also been dealing with the sticky clear on most other Japanese auto makers vehicles but the stickyness varies depending on the manufacturer

Interesting Taig! We have an old Lexus Land Cruiser, (LX470.) I know what you mean, but have not noticed any wierd performance of the Swirl & Haze or Fine Machine Polish on the vehicle.

I'd have to say: No problem on the Lexus line. (My parents drive Lexus as well, and I've detailed them without issue.

When it's ultra cold, and polish doesn't want to dry, that makes most chemicals come off differently. Have you noticed a difference in the summer vs. winter when detailing?

Thanks for the question Taig!:thumbsup:

It's the type of clear coat used, different manufactuers use different types of paint. Generally a sticky clear will be a softer clear and heats up fast and makes the product gum up.

here is a link showing the gumming up, it takes a long time to load but is worth waiting for.

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f92/famous-sticky-clear-coat-issue-4253.html