Customer Service 866.965.0400

How To Treat and Maintain a Vehicle Treated with CQuartz Finest

Blackdevil77

Question

I'm gonna have my car treated with Cquartz Finest on May 26th. After treatment, you are not supposed to polish or wax the car. I was just wondering, which Adams products do you recommend to clean the car and help maintain that nice deep shine the car will have right after treatment?

Washed the car today with Adams and some detail spray. Didn't apply wax or anything, just a basic wash. I think she came out pretty good

DSC00404_zpsajifiwcf.jpg

3 answers to this question

CQuartz is okay.  Only lasts about 2 years, and if you read reviews there are better products out there that are more permanent like OptiCoat.  Here's one guy's take on it and it's on a black car too. 

My take on CQuartz Finest
I have had CQF on my car for about a month and a half now, and have washed it about a half dozen times. I want to start with the pros that I have noticed...

PROS
  • Sheets water like the water is afraid to touch the car
  • Sort of self cleans, the pollen doesn't make my black car yellow sort of leaves a spotting effect that comes off easy
  • Stays pretty glossy
  • Makes washing easier because nothing will stick to it and if it does it just comes right off with no trouble at all, even a glob of grease that came off the road
CONS
  • Claims to be anti-scratch but this is my biggest gripe! I use perfect wash methods with a microfiber mitt and the 2 bucket method and the car still gets lots of "spiderweb" lines on it regardless of how sudsy or soapy the surface is
  • The coating scratches very easily, but can be polished out without removing the coating (so I tried)
  • Scratches are in the coating not the clear coat, but its very hard to buff them out

So thats my take so far, maybe having a black car is just a PITA regardless of whats on the surface protecting, but I thought the "anti-scratch" effect would have been alot better. I can say thats the only thing that I am not happy with. Once I figure out how to polish out the swirling/scratching/rub marks I will be happy as a clam, until them I am only satisfied to know I have a coating that will protect the paint and clear coat from any environmental damage."

Black is a pain no matter what you use and you'll still have to continue to detail it.  Very nice car by the way. :2thumbs:

I don't mind that it only lasts 2 years. I would rather have it come off instead of be permeant. The detailer that's doing my car does both opticoat and Cquartz. He said the same thing as you, except that Cquartz has a bit more of a deep, wet looking shine even though opticoat outlasts it. I also mentioned to him about the scratches etc. He said if applied properly and properly cured, it shouldn't scratch or swirl that easily as long as you properly wash it. He's putting on 3 coats of this stuff. If it scratches and swirls up, I'll just polish it. It would suck to lose the protection, but not that big of a deal. I figured I'd give it a shot. The cars I saw treated with it looked incredible. 

My question basically is, what methods and products should I use to wash the car after Cquartz is applied?

Yes, black is beyond a pain, but damn does it look good when it's clean! 

Blackdevil, PM me as my car is black and CQFinest coated and I have mixed feelings about it.  Since it's a non-Adams product and most of the recommended products to care for it are non-Adams as well, it's best to chat in a PM per forum rules.

Edited by cammyfive