Customer Service 866.965.0400

Liking the Gloss & Guard!

JLKoupe

Tried out the H2O Gloss & Guard today - what a terrific product!  I've gotten the coupe pretty well cleaned up from the winter but there was still tar and stuck-on road mung that needed clay. Since clay can take off some of the sealant, and I'm not going to have time to do a proper polish and seal for a while, I wanted something that would provide a bit more protection. I am not disappointed!  Easy to use, beautiful shine.

Started off with a good wash. First, wheels and wells.  One bucket with shampoo, the other to rinse.  Wells get a spray of APC the scrubbed with medium woolie and shampoo. Wheels are washed down with the large woolie and shampoo.

post-12033-0-16350000-1431298071_thumb.jpg

Wash down the vinyl trim with a utility towel and shampoo.

post-12033-0-26899400-1431298343_thumb.jpg

Spray the car down with the foam gun (liking that, too) then hand-wash with the wool mitt and my new 10" wash pad. The covered buckets are wash water and rinse water. Covers are on to keep out falling plant bits and small flying creatures that can't resist the shampoo. Followed up with clay on the lower panels where the road mung had collected.

post-12033-0-03073000-1431298486_thumb.jpg

Pulled in to the garage to dry due to the afore-mentioned falling plant bits and small flying creatures.  Sprayed down with Detail spray to dry. Used my new plush drying towel (totally sold on these).

post-12033-0-68183300-1431298786_thumb.jpg

On to the serious shine. I opted for the "dry" application of the G&G in order to finish cleaning up the lower panels with Revive.  First, a blow-dry with the Sidekick to get out the drips then went over the panels with Revive.  Followed up with G&G sprayed onto a damp double-soft, wipe over a panel, then dry and buff with another double-soft. Easey-peasey!  And check out the shine! I used a little on the wheels and it even brought out some gloss on the matte finish.

post-12033-0-79181700-1431299120_thumb.jpg

post-12033-0-69008400-1431299551_thumb.jpg

Final step is putting all the towels into pre-soak - last two buckets (bringing my total to 6!), one for dark, the other for white, with two or three good pumps of APC. These will soak until tomorrow when I can wash them.

post-12033-0-81538300-1431299684_thumb.jpg

Edited by JLKoupe

Thanks! Of course, it lasted exactly 24 hours. Had to run an errand the next day. Sunny but some clouds around, one of which - ONE, mind you - rained all over Pooch's new shine :angry:  Oh well, that's the sad life of the daily driver.  Doesn't stop me from keeping him as shiny as possible.

ive been out of the loop for awhile what is going on with a plush drying towel I only see the GW on the site?

It comes up if you search on the keyword "plush". Here's the link.

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-giant-soft-microfiber-towel.html?___SID=U

I got them in blue which I didn't find, so they may be sold out.

A number of folks mentioned they really prefer the plush drying towel to the GW and since my clearcoat seems to scratch easily, I decided to try the plush. I like the performance of the plush better than the GW - picks up water more quickly, absorbs better when saturated, and hopefully reducing swirls.

Edited by JLKoupe

Car looks good! Haven't tried the new juice yet, but I do have some waiting to be used.

It comes up if you search on the keyword "plush". Here's the link.

http://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-giant-soft-microfiber-towel.html?___SID=U

I got them in blue which I didn't find, so they may be sold out.

The blue were a limited run for April Autism Awareness, I believe.

Didn't know they had a giant plush towel either.  Was the 1 towel enough to dry the car?  Usually use 2 gw to dry.  

Yes, one plush was enough to dry the whole car.  My car is pretty small but when I'm done drying, the plush towel is only about 2/3rds saturated and could easily continue to dry something larger.