Customer Service 866.965.0400

Frame Paint - Any Suggestions?

chas

So I own a Tacoma.  It comes with the territory of owning a Tacoma of having frame spot rusting or total frame rust cancer.  I have a 2012 that is showing signs of spot rusting that I would really like to put halt to.  I have read suggestions on the respective Tacoma forums, but am eager to know if anyone on here has had success with any paint products used for treating these areas.

As way of background, later this summer I plan to spend a considerable amount of time sanding down the spot rust areas and treating them along with painting as much of the frame as humanly possible.  I know a lot people like to treat the frame each year with a rust preventative and I will do that too.  But I would like to repaint the frame with a durable paint where possible to prevent further damage.  

Tacoma has within the last year started a campaign to replace the frames of Tacomas produced between 05-11 that have severe rust issues.  I don't want to fall into that category a few years from now.  Our humid, salty climate here in VA doesn't help.

I appreciate any suggestions!

Chas

Edited by chas