Customer Service 866.965.0400

10" wash pad care

kfxjc

Question

Can you wash your wash pads in a washing machine? If so, what soap do you use?  Its not microfiber so I didn't want to use revitalizer before asking.

I though the pads were dry enough before putting them back in the wash bucket for storage between washes.. I guess I was wrong, they stink!

7 answers to this question

I wouldn't use the washing machine. It can be pretty rough on the wash pads. I spray it with APC and give it a good scrub. Then rinse it out and let it air dry. Once it's dry, I brush it out with a brush (one that's used for pet hair works great). The brush helps to rejuvenate the fibers and keep the wash pad looking good.

I rewashed them in a bucket of APC and water to get rid of the stink from not dying fast enough.   Then I squeezed as much water as I could out and left them sitting on grit guards on my work bench.  We will see how long they take to dry on the grit guard.

I have washed mine acouple times on delicate.... No problems at all. Actually fluffed it up pretty good. Then air dry. Dont do it after every use though.

+1

I've also been washing mine in the washing machine along with my MF towels. I used a scent free baby detergent and the pads come out looking great, no signs of them falling apart either.

Every month or so I'll throw all my wash pads and mitts in the washing machine. Set it to delicate and just run a rinse cycle. I then just air fluff them in the dryer (no heat). They come out like new!