Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing Molding?

chops1sc

Question

I am sure everyone is familiar with the door moldings on the newer Chevy trucks (mine is 2011, white). I discussed de-badging in another thread and I have decided to leave the molding on. Is there a way to polish them? Is it done with the same process as the paint?

Please don't reply with "just remove them", they are staying on, LOL!

8 answers to this question

Yes the process is the same as your paint.

One thing to note is to minimize the amount of polish used, or try to do them at the same time as the panel they are located on, to minimize and prevent any excessive build up in the seam between the molding and panel.

Those molding suck! they fade and change color compared to the paint on the body.  My 2010 I removed them because they were drooping in the heat and no longer looked straight on the door.  My 2013 (which is black) the moldings are starting to look dark grey.  I hope someone has a good suggestion but I think they might just suck.  :(

Maybe some revive on an applicator?

I will try that this weekend and let you all know how it looks.  I think part of the issue is the molding is a rubberish material and it almost looks like it dries out and oxides the paint.