Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying Quick Sealant to trim

BoCRon

Question

So in another thread a fellow MINI owner and detailer suggested I use the Quick Sealant on the black trim around the wheel arches and the bottoms of the doors and bumper/fender. This trim is a black plastic, slightly textured and matte.  I just watched a video on Quick Sealant and did get my wheels done and may give my bonnet a coat to give extra bug protection.

For applying it to the trim, do I put it on with an applicator and buff off like I'd do with the paint? Or do I spray it directly and then buff off like I did with wheels? 

I did do one small area and realized it never really needed to be buffed off like on the other areas so am wondering what the correct application process is for these areas.

Annette

5 answers to this question

Spray it on the applicator so you don't get runs, let it dry for a few minutes, then wipe down with a MF towel.

When spraying directly on the wheels, the Quick Sealant should always be immediately leveled out with a towel or applicator.

Thanks! I am getting to work on it now.

I just finished a wash and did the wheels, so here is my progress so far.

Isn't there a long thread somewhere for people to post pics of their finished cars? I could have sworn I saw one but can't find it anywhere. I don't want to start another redundant thread  :D .

IMG_2914_zpsmiauxh8j.jpg

IMG_2915_zps0dyggha8.jpg