Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water Spot issue

StubStang

Question

Hey all, 

Currently washing/ detailing a family members car. The car sits next to a sprinkler with hard, untreated water every day so now the drivers side has a trillion spots. Ive tried clay bar, its not very effective. 

Any ideas to speed up the process??

11 answers to this question

Try some RP.

If that does not work, then you will probably have to machine polish them with PCP.

Noted. Thanks for the input!

Looks like they're gonna have to wait on getting the water spots removed. Ordering RP now!

Noted. Thanks for the input!

Looks like they're gonna have to wait on getting the water spots removed. Ordering RP now!

Wasn't sure if you already had some RP.  I figured if you had some you could try it.

I would say a car with a lot of spots from repeated sprinklering will most likely require machine polishing.  Do you have a polisher?

Wasn't sure if you already had some RP.  I figured if you had some you could try it.

I would say a car with a lot of spots from repeated sprinklering will most likely require machine polishing.  Do you have a polisher?

No, unfortunately my friend who has one was not available to help with this detail today. He owns a polisher.

I had the same issue here recently that your dealing with.  I ended up going to the local auto parts store and picking up some water spot remover.  There were two types that were available.  The strongest one wasn't in stock where I went.  It was made by that M company and worked better than anything I had in my Adams arsenal.  And I have everything.