Customer Service 866.965.0400

Don't wash in a rush, a cautionary tale

imcrazy

Question

Well long story short, I got a foam gun over the weekend and really wanted to try it out but, the dwindling day light and the need to do other things tonight put me in a 'hurry up and get it done' mode while washing the truck...... Result was a nice scratch on the bedside when I was doing a sheet rinse(drug the hose across the bedside :willy: ).... Which resulted in getting out the Polisher :pc:  and fixing said scratch, which was more transfer than scratch thankfully, so I wound up spending more time than if I had just worked at a comfortable pace and done it right to begin with :loser: ..... I'm sure I'm not the only one to learn this lesson the hard way but, maybe I'll save someone else some trouble!!! :) 

8 answers to this question

Bummer...but at least you were able to fix it!

Maybe get a quick connect for you hose that has a plastic end so it is less likely to scratch than the metal hose threads.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Melnor-1-97-in-Metal-Quick-Connection-Set-45C/100257129

They also have all plastic ones, but they are not as durable.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I bought some quick connects and a lead hose, plus tossed a quick shutouff valve on the end of my hose to make changing attachments easier now that I've got, a foam gun, hose nozzle and a sheet rinse hose, plus a pressure washer that could all come into play.

Edited by imcrazy