Customer Service 866.965.0400

California TRD Pro Tundra

Cali_Pro

Yo Yo !!

Just statred doin my research on detail/cleaning products and decided to start with mostly all Adams products on my Pro Tundra and my S1000rr. Both vehicles are garage queens as I am fortunate enough to have a company car. None the less, when I wash and detail once a month or every other month, I look forward to spendin the time to make them both look amazing!!

Gonna take some time and read through some of these posts on here and see if I can get some more good advice...

Later

Edited by Cali_Pro

Welcome to the forum, you should definitely post some pics of your vehicles. Also, check out the Adam's Polishes YouTube channel for a lot of great info including step by step processes, product info, tips and tricks, and a lot more.

Here is a few pics.... Just washed the Tundra, the bike next week. Truck took longer than I thought. The sealant was kinda hard to get off. May be i put it on heavy but I swear it seemed like a light coat. Anyhow, it came out beeeeautiful !! Read over Dan "The Wolf's" thread !! Alot of info and I know exactly how he felt cleaning these beasts...

post-13951-0-86759800-1455515630_thumb.jpg

post-13951-0-56321000-1455515641_thumb.jpg

post-13951-0-42757200-1455515651_thumb.jpg

post-13951-0-50768800-1455515661_thumb.jpg

post-13951-0-77891200-1455515676_thumb.jpg

The Tundra looks great! Big trucks are lots of work, but they are worth it!

Next month, put on a layer of HGG. It will give a boost to the LPS, but more importantly it will seal and protect all the plastic and rubber trim, and even the glass.

That was gonna be my next question. Maybe not the right place to post but...., since I just sealed it and it lives in the garage, can I just upkeep with the H2O Guard & Gloss vs Buttery Wax or Americana every few months?? Or is wax a better choice with the occasional H2O? Or is applying H2O after every wash going to put too much/make it dull? Im just not seeing the benefit of waxing if it has the sealant on there and it looks amazing. Not to mention it rarely sees the elements unless I drive it somewhere. At the same time Im not sure if I can "over seal" the paint, for lack of better words. I figure if I use the deatil spray after each wash and the H2O every 3rd or 4th wash that should be good right? Or throw a coat of wax on there? Thoughts and advice greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks

If you think it looks amazing with just the LPS, then there is absolutely no reason to add any wax over top of it. I would just do as you said and use the HGG every few washes as it is also a sealant and helps maintain the base layer of LPS.

With how good sealants are now, wax isn't necessary unless you are looking for maximum shine.