Customer Service 866.965.0400

My first PC

Werne1nm

Question

Could questions before I start my FIRST PC ever on my 2013 Chevy Volt.

What kind of tape should I get (if any) to tape the seams?

I have some black plastic that runs below my windows on both doors.  Should I avoid the PC on that?  Its black plastic and right below that is metal (looks like metal) trim.  Part of me says it'll be fine and should be polished anyway.  it shows a lot of water marks and imperfections.  Its not trim like whats on the bottom of the car.  I use VRT on all the trim.  Its plastic, black, smooth. (see picture below)

I've got LPS, FP, CP three orange foam correcting pads, one microfiber correction pad, one white finishing pad, two black 4 in pads (for the LPS)

Is that enough?  I don't want to get half way through and run out of pads specifically.

How long should the LPS sit on the vehicle before I 1) buff it off and 2) let it cure before americana goes on?

this is a DD and would be inconvenient to be w/o for more than a day.

Overall it should be a pretty straightforward process.  not a lot of curves in the Volt.  I'm really excited to remove all these swirl marks and scratches in the paint.

Any other suggestions?

My detail goes as follows. (like most on the forums)

Strip wash

sidekick to dry most of the water

drink a beer

clay bar with detail spray (should I use diluted rinseless wash instead?  i have gallon of that.)

Paint correct

drink a beer

LPS

Cure (??hours) (while drinking a beer)

Americana

Drink a beer

DONE

post-14379-0-46518000-1465910672_thumb.jpg

Edited by Werne1nm