Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless, G&G and lil Patriot

PT3

Spent some time yesterday on the new Cayenne Turbo S.  

Blasted off the grime with the power washer.  

Then, used more towels than ever with the GDWM with Rinseless.  

I then hit the hood an front fenders with some Patriot at 1am last night!!!

While washing in the sunlight, I was able to see a number of surface scratches.... damn this black paint is going to be tough!

BUT... with the black paint, it surely does make it easier to SEE what I'm working on... AND.... you can really see how the effort produces a GLOSSY SHINE!!!

post-12257-0-85505400-1470683518_thumb.jpg

Edited by PT3

Phil, correct black makes it easier to see both the defects, and the spectacular finish once completely corrected.

You may be better off using a Master Blaster for your drying needs, to eliminate any possibility of inducing swirls or scratches though any towels or touching of the surface.

Phil, correct black makes it easier to see both the defects, and the spectacular finish once completely corrected.

You may be better off using a Master Blaster for your drying needs, to eliminate any possibility of inducing swirls or scratches though any towels or touching of the surface.

thanks Robert.  Many others have also suggested blow drying vs towel drying.  The issue here.....I really like wiping my cars down. Theres a satisfaction in wiping down a nice slick surface with a soft towel!

But I understand your advice.  Thanks.

Phil,

Just going from past experience with my black Corvette coupe.

An alternative, where you may still get "some satisfaction from wiping with soft microfiber" would be to blow dry with Master Blaster Sidekick, and then perform a final wipe down, with Detail Spray on the surface to protect and enhance it.

I have done both methods, and they made towel induced swirls and scratches, a thing of the past!

Phil,

First off, beautiful car you have there! Secondly, owning a black car is constantly a learning experience but from I have found to work best is what Robert stated. I would wash it, blow it dry with the Sidekick and then spray the panel with detail spray. The detail spray will add a lubricant to the paint so you are not as likely to scratch the paint. I always dry with Detail Spray or use H2O Guard and Gloss. If those don't work for you, let us know and we'd be happy to help you and figure out what works best for you.

Below I linked the Sidekick Blaster if you'd like to look at it, if you already have it great!

Sidekick Blaster

Phil,

Just going from past experience with my black Corvette coupe.

An alternative, where you may still get "some satisfaction from wiping with soft microfiber" would be to blow dry with Master Blaster Sidekick, and then perform a final wipe down, with Detail Spray on the surface to protect and enhance it.

I have done both methods, and they made towel induced swirls and scratches, a thing of the past!

Phil,

First off, beautiful car you have there! Secondly, owning a black car is constantly a learning experience but from I have found to work best is what Robert stated. I would wash it, blow it dry with the Sidekick and then spray the panel with detail spray. The detail spray will add a lubricant to the paint so you are not as likely to scratch the paint. I always dry with Detail Spray or use H2O Guard and Gloss. If those don't work for you, let us know and we'd be happy to help you and figure out what works best for you.

Below I linked the Sidekick Blaster if you'd like to look at it, if you already have it great!

Sidekick Blaster

Thanks guys! I also always dry with DS. Though, I rarely do a traditional soap amd water wash. I mostly do Rinseless.

I've actually performed the blow dry-final wipe, before. I like it but find it takes more prep/stuff to set up. But I understand the reccomedation.

Thanks!