Customer Service 866.965.0400

Water spot removal

J Rosson

Question

Couldn't seem to find this through a search.

Fairly new to Adam's and I love it. I'm going broke with the addiction, but I love it.

Wondering about the process of removing light water spots from my truck.

I put 2 coats of LPS on about a month ago.

It's had at least one H2O G&G, and numerous detail spray since then.

I made the mistake of spraying the worst of the grime off my truck the other night after a trip home in a serious monsoon. Light mud and grit.

Thinking I was doing the right thing, I expected the rain to continue and I would clean the truck up in the morning.

No such luck. Rain stopped right after the spray down and did not continue. When I got up in the morning, the AZ heat had completely dried the truck. Now I have light water spots all over.

Question is...what's the best way to remove them?

-do I need to clay them? If I do, will it remove the LPS?

-strip wash and start over? Obviously will remove the LPS

-is there something else that will remove the water spots and leave the LPS on the truck?

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 answer to this question

Have you tried a simple waterless or rinseless wash yet? sometimes they look bad but are not really in there. 

Start with the easiest method first and work your way up to the more aggressive options. I would think that at worst you would be looking at a strip wash and clay again but I dont think it will be that bad, I would bet a waterless or rinseless option would really help ya out here.