Customer Service 866.965.0400

Strip wash and detail

jakerodz7

Question

I wasn't able to get to my usual weekend detail on my car this past week and was itching to get my car clean again. Was finally able to do so today so I decided to do a strip wash while I was at it.

Products used:

Foam cannon

Car shampoo with APC

G&G

Brilliant glaze

Process:

Quick rinse

Foam car

Rinse Again

Re-foam

1 bucket with multiple wash mitts

Dry and protect with G&G

Brilliant Glaze to finish it off.

Really happy with the shine and how it turned out. Thanks to Adam's as always for their awesome products and Don or Zapdon on here for trading the Brilliant Glaze with me.

Some pictures for your enjoyment!

post-14703-0-07913400-1472004083_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-37122000-1472004134_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-10452800-1472004160_thumb.jpg

post-14703-0-74784600-1472004199_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

What wheels are those? And how difficult is it to clean out every crevice on those things?

They are WCI wheels, and very difficult but you get used to it, and I love how they look. Planning on coating them with some LPS when I get the chance too and that will make it easier.

That shine is awesome! I have yet to use Brilliant Glaze on top of H2OGG, but I did apply it under LPS and they worked well together. I generally stick with detail spray after H2OGG as it adds shine and helps remove any water that dripped out of the jams etc. I think I need to try the Glaze with the Guard and Gloss.

They are WCI wheels, and very difficult but you get used to it, and I love how they look. Planning on coating them with some LPS when I get the chance too and that will make it easier.

Nice. I do like those wheels. They are a nice change from the spoked/deep dish wheels everyone has nowadays. 

Sorry to all for failing at responding I didn't even get notified that you guys commented  :unsure:

That shine is awesome! I have yet to use Brilliant Glaze on top of H2OGG, but I did apply it under LPS and they worked well together. I generally stick with detail spray after H2OGG as it adds shine and helps remove any water that dripped out of the jams etc. I think I need to try the Glaze with the Guard and Gloss.

Try it brother you will definitely not regret it! I usually do the same as you but am glad I tried the Brilliant Glaze instead!

Real nice job!

Thanks Chris I appreciate it!

Looking great Jacob!  I like the wheels also, although it looks impossible to get the wheel woolie in there to clean the barrels.

Yeah no definitely not a possibility and it doesn't help that it is too low to just try and get under the car and clean it from the inside. I usually just take the bumper off, put it up on some wood blocks to get the jack under, then jack it up and clean them that way. It is a pain but I love my stance and how they make the car look so no complaints.

Looks great bro

Thank you sir! Much appreciated!

Nice. I do like those wheels. They are a nice change from the spoked/deep dish wheels everyone has nowadays. 

Yeah I was actually the first one to get this wheel on my car even pre-ordered it and everything. I didn't want to look like all the other stanced guys in the world lol so I decided this would be a nice change of pace.

Damn. Just looked up those wheels online. Those cost a pretty penny. I dont think I could put those on my WRX and even think about leaving my car outside. I would be pissed to if I even curb rashed one of those. But they look good though.

Yeah man and when I pre-ordered them I went ahead and got them in a gold finish which made them extra expensive. Unfortunately the finish was very poorly done and I wound up changing them to red and getting them done right, I mean what guy doesn't want his girl rolling around on red bottoms  ;) .  Mine always stays outside but it is so low that a jack wont fit under it and the wheel wont come off because it is so tucked into the fender. I have a quick release steering wheel so they don't think about taking the whole car and at night another car is parked literally within cm of one side and the fence is on the other, just to be safe. As for curb rash it sucks man but luckily I have been able to get it fixed when it happened (2 times). Appreciate it man!