Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problem ordering some specific parts...

Superdutytd

Question

Now I'm not sure whether this is just because some things are maybe now called different things but I am setting up an order and there are a couple of things that are included in some of the kits but do not seem to be specifically available. I cannot find...

*Detail Sponges

*Synthetic Wash Pads

And not to throw on off on Adams as I'm very much looking forward to all of my stuff and I'll get some great pictures of my Mustang/Truck before and after but it would be nice to be able to buy the foaming kit by itself :2thumbs:

16 answers to this question

Hi Shane

I know the detail sponges are discontinued. That just happened, not sure about the wash pad. I know they just came out in a second size so I would doubt that they are no more. But this brings up a good question. Instead of the old style sponges what will you be getting with the kits? One Red and two Blue detail sponges ? I'm sure Ashley or Jason will be on in a few hours. But keep an eye on the Live Chat feature on the homepage :2thumbs:

Shane, Contact a local dealer. They are sure to have some left. :thumbsup:

P.S. I like them too. They seem to last forever... They are a bit firmer than the new (Red) Wax and Dressing Applicator and (Blue) Premium Tire sponge.

Good Luck.

No sweat! Just put in the order notes that you would like some old detail sponges and we'll include them!

As for our Wash Pads, we have them, and now have a Jumbo as well! Here is a link to the page with all of the wash products: http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-9-car-wash-dry.aspx

Thanks very much, and I appreciate your business!:2thumbs:

Hi Shane, sorry for the confusion! In that video, we used the foam pad wash mitts, which I thought would be the next greatest thing. Well, I was wrong!

The current wash pad we offer is first class, holds much suds and water, and is washes and removes dirt safely and effectively. Better than the foam, by a long shot.

So, the learning curve is part of it, and we paid attention to our customer feedback. People like using the lightweight Premium Wash Pads that we sell, as they work, last, and are easy to use.

Coming soon: Boar's Hair Brushes for washing that provide a very low potential for damage.

Thanks Shane,:)

Well everything is all ordered up. I got

Adam's Complete Detailing Kit-Machine Polish and Wax

Adam's Dual-Action Foam Pad Kit + FREE 4oz APC

Adam's Buttery Car Wax

Adam's Wheel Cleaner (Thanks Ashley!)

So my plan is as follows...

Night before detail day...

Take Pictures

Wash with dawn dish soap twice.

Clean wheels/fenders with GWC

Vacuum + Clean carpets

Clean dash/doors/seats/steering wheel w/ LC (all of those are leather)

Clean inside glass

Drive home and dry again

Day of Detail

Take Pictures

Spray down engine with APC, rinse and wipe down hoses

Clay bar entire car

Take Pictures

PC Polish with SHR, FMP

PC Wax with MSW

Hand Wax w/ BW

Cover car with BSG and wipe off

Hand Polish Chrome wheels with FMP + then apply MSW+BSG

Wipe down tires, trim, grill with VRT

Condition dash/doors/seats/wheel

Take Pictures

Missing anything or anything look wrong?

Is the glass cleaner safe on window tint?

I'm not looking forward to doing this to the truck ;)

Edited by Superdutytd

Looks like a good plan :thumbsup:

One thing I would change is getting the Leather Conditioner on the seats sooner after cleaning them. There are a couple thousand differing opinions on automotive leather, it's ability to be cleaned and conditioned and the way to care for it. But any time I use a cleaner on leather I like to condition it immediately after.

But again, that is only my opinion ;););)

And when you drive it home after washing make sure you use lots of Detail Spray to get the dust off :thumbsup:

I wish I had to worry about dust. For my luck it will probably be raining when I drive the 4 miles from work to home. I might have to clean it again in the morning before I pull it into the garage and if I have to work on it in the garage its going to be a pain.

I think its going to turn out pretty good. For being a conventional washer I have kept my paint in pretty good shape. My car is 2.5 years old and when you look at my paint in the sun it just has some light marks here and there. I'm figuring 8 to 8 with an hour for lunch.

I was going to let the cleaner dry out fully and then do the conditioning but I guess it makes sense to put it on right after.

So, the learning curve is part of it, and we paid attention to our customer feedback. People like using the lightweight Premium Wash Pads that we sell, as they work, last, and are easy to use.

Coming soon: Boar's Hair Brushes for washing that provide a very low potential for damage.

Thanks Shane,:)

OK Adam,

This seems like as good a place to ask as any...

Why not produce a MF wash mitt like others offer but with strips of what you make the polishing towels with? I hear other places say the synthetic lambs wool scratches and the real doesn't and then I also hear that the boars hair brush WILL scratch but not nearly as bad as a poly brush with split ends.

Just wondering... I just purchased your synthetic wash pad as I believe you wouldn't stray us in the wrong direction. My G8's black paint is in your hands in a vicarious way... :thumbsup:

lol

Thanks!

OK Adam,

This seems like as good a place to ask as any...

Why not produce a MF wash mitt like others offer but with strips of what you make the polishing towels with? I hear other places say the synthetic lambs wool scratches and the real doesn't and then I also hear that the boars hair brush WILL scratch but not nearly as bad as a poly brush with split ends.

Just wondering... I just purchased your synthetic wash pad as I believe you wouldn't stray us in the wrong direction. My G8's black paint is in your hands in a vicarious way... :thumbsup:

lol

Thanks!

Yea that seems pretty complicated for a wash pad but is a great idea. Who knows how much that would cost :confused: