Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash For Winter UpKeep?

KoryMiller340

Question

So......  unfortunately, I live in Pennsylvania and that crappy season (Winter) is right around the corner.  I saw the rinseless wash on the site and was thinking about trying it.  There isn't a video (at least not that I could easily find on the site, haven't checked youtube) for usage.  I do have access to Coin-Op car washes, but was thinking / hoping to use this for the two daily drivers during the winter, i.e. after the salt is on the roads, after snow, etc.  Both cars have had Adams products since new, and I've actually just gotten a coat of wax on them for the winter, planning to H20 G&G during my last actual 2 bucket wash before it gets too cold out.  

Is this an unrealistic expectation?  How do you guys use it?  

Been using Adams products for years, I've been a fan and customer of his ever since I met him at Carlisle close to 10 years ago

5 answers to this question

Try this vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Q

I'm a Rinseless fan, and have tried nearly every brand out there.  Adam's is one of the best.  Very slick, no streaks, and any dirty comes out of your wash media, while other brands tend to encapsulate that dirt into your towels/mitts, etc.

In the winter I'll go to a Coin-Op and blow off the nasty, and then finish in my garage with Rinseless with some warm water.  

The method in the video is solid, and close to what I use.  You can also look up the Garry Dean method.  Just for the method, his rambling about his products is tiring.  

Quick tip - I mix my pre-soak with Distilled Water, regular water in the bucket.  I'll use a full 32oz bottle as pre-soak.  

I've never had any issues with swirls or scratches.  

Awesome tips!  I think i'm going to get some of this and give it a shot.  I think I'll follow what @TSKANOLAN said about going to the coin op, blasting the worst of it off, then finishing in the garage.  My wife gets compliments on her car all of the time at work because of how clean it is, several co-workers thought it was brand new and were shocked to find out that it is a 4 year old car, guess I've been doing something right, I have to continue this addiction!! Thanks!

...In the winter I'll go to a Coin-Op and blow off the nasty, and then finish in my garage with Rinseless with some warm water.  

Quick tip - I mix my pre-soak with Distilled Water, regular water in the bucket.  I'll use a full 32oz bottle as pre-soak...

Absolutely agree with pre-rinse at the coin-op...or a touchless wash, or garden hose...anything to get the worst off the car before doing the rinseless/waterless wash. (I'm not a fan of the touchless wash...the chemicals are somewhat harsh and who knows what they do to the protection that is on the car.)

I pre-soak with rinselss diluted to waterless...16:1. Works well.

Edited by LT1xL82

In the winter I love coin op, and H2O. I can usually get it applied in the bay before someone says anything. 

If the weather is nice enough then I try to sneak in a rinseless and dry application of H2O, if its a small window of time or just using the heat from the sun Ill do a waterless. I have done a waterless as low as 20 outside and in direct sunlight, but it was rough and had to be well thought out. 

def recommend adams winter vid as well.