Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant vs LPS

Havemeat1

Question

So I have a question. I have both products but I find the Glass Sealant takes more time to apply for me. Could I use LPS when I want to seal the glass? Also how does Glass Sealant do with morning dew does it bead off once I start to drive? My rear defroster doesn't kick in for a while and I prefer to have clean windows when I drive. Thanks for the help!

5 answers to this question

I would definitely not suggest putting Liquid Paint Sealant on your windows.

Glass sealant will help that dew roll right off, no problem. I used it in Florida religiously and during rainstorms, the water is whisked right away, with limited wiper action

I can't comment on the morning dew because my car is garaged, but I'm surprised that the Glass Sealant takes more time to apply for you.  I've always found it really easy to use.  What about the Glass Sealant takes so long?  It only needs a couple minutes before it's ready to wipe off with Glass Cleaner and comes off easily in my experience.

If the Glass Sealant isn't a good option for you, you could always use H20 Guard and Gloss on the windows.  It works well for that too, but it doesn't last as long as the Glass Sealant in my experience.

I can't comment on the morning dew because my car is garaged, but I'm surprised that the Glass Sealant takes more time to apply for you. I've always found it really easy to use. What about the Glass Sealant takes so long? It only needs a couple minutes before it's ready to wipe off with Glass Cleaner and comes off easily in my experience.

If the Glass Sealant isn't a good option for you, you could always use H20 Guard and Gloss on the windows. It works well for that too, but it doesn't last as long as the Glass Sealant in my experience.

I probably feel like it'll take longer because the times I've used it so far have been during the summer and I live in Texas so I've had to get up at 4 in the morning to do it. Another thing is my cat seems to love the scent of it so I have it hidden at my dads but now my dog might like it too so I'll probably be working around her. I'll give it a try on Friday morning before I go to school.

Good to know, thanks man.

I'll stick with using them for two separate uses though. I like how the Glass Sealant partially evaporates. I can't imagine how much of a PITA it'd be to get LPS stuck in the window gaskets.

It's not fun. Around a year ago I tired it and it worked fine but I just asked because I was wondering if there is a huge difference between the two when being used for glass.

Glass Sealant is less a sealant and more like a hydrophobic coating. GS is more hydrophobic than LPS, which is what makes it preferential to LPS.

No reason you can't use LPS on glass. I use it on mine - both car and house.