Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junky car interiors.

Jrosacker

Question

7 answers to this question

Well key is you need a good carpet vacuum/steamer etc! ..Destroyed as in the carpet and the seats? Just did an SUV that actually had dog crap in-bedded in the carpet. I have a mini steam cleaner and carpet cleaner I use. Always treat the areas first with a good carpet cleaner/ I use Adams and another mixture together and get decent results. The key here is a good product and a decent carpet cleaner/steamer. As for the seats.. cloth seats I treat like the carpet and use my steam vac. Leather you treat it and use a leather interior brush that Adams sells ..using it get some of the dirt out of the cracked leather etc.. Take your time ..do it more than once if you need to but dont try to scrub the leather too hard and get it done in one shot. You will do more damage to the leather and your screwed. 

I've done some rough interiors as well, take your time. On more than one occasion the seats have come out of cars but I'm fairly comfortable doing that as a full time truck/car technician. Steam is a great tool, I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G00BTEA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479780256&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=mcculloch+steam+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=51-VKWDUxoL&ref=plSrch

I always tell people to remove trash and anything they don't want me to see. I remove everything from inside that's loose, do a first pass with vacuum. Extract/shampoo carpets and steam seats and whatever else needs done. Then clean and treat plastics, glass, seats back in and finally vacuum again.

It all really depends on how bad the interior is and the owners expectations/budget. You have to be realistic as well, I had a customer that I explained that an ink toner that leaked on to his tan leather seats and sat there for a week is probably not going to come out 100%.

I'll second that steamer. Makes quick work of most things interior and I've even used it to get stubborn bugs and such off of the paint. Affordable with decent output, a lot of attachments and reliable.

The attachment with the brush on it is perfect for carpet stains. It's a frequently used one for me.

I've done some rough interiors as well, take your time. On more than one occasion the seats have come out of cars but I'm fairly comfortable doing that as a full time truck/car technician. Steam is a great tool, I have this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G00BTEA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479780256&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=mcculloch+steam+cleaner&dpPl=1&dpID=51-VKWDUxoL&ref=plSrch

I always tell people to remove trash and anything they don't want me to see. I remove everything from inside that's loose, do a first pass with vacuum. Extract/shampoo carpets and steam seats and whatever else needs done. Then clean and treat plastics, glass, seats back in and finally vacuum again.

It all really depends on how bad the interior is and the owners expectations/budget. You have to be realistic as well, I had a customer that I explained that an ink toner that leaked on to his tan leather seats and sat there for a week is probably not going to come out 100%.

I have this steamer as well and could not detail without it. I use it to clean all the tight crevices, the seats, carpet, and floor mats in the car. I also use it in the house when cleaning. I have had mine for over 2 years and have had no problems with it. I always use distilled water in it to help prevent mineral deposits.

Edited by Thorsager