Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hard to clean/vacuum seats

Jrosacker

Question

I was doing an interior detail on this car for practice and have zero clue what to do on these seats. I don't have an exctractor so that's out of the picture, maybe I should invest in one? Let me know. It was even hard to vacuum because the dirt is STUCK In like the weaves.

post-15182-0-91703800-1480020272_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

I use an extractor and found it to be a great investment. That being said, it's not a small one. If you plan on doing a decent amount of detailing, it's worth it. Right tool for the job and all that stuff. The saying holds very true.

For those seats, I'd use carpet and upholstery cleaner along with a cockpit brush (soft boars hair). Use some cleaner and then agitate with a brush. You can use a shop vac to pull out any debris that you agitate loose. It's going to take some patience to make those seats look great again, but the rewards will be worth it.

This was a couple years ago I believe, using a small Bissell auto pro heat like Kingsford said.

post-8415-0-41786800-1480083360_thumb.jpg

That's a seat out of a 2002 Camry with about 220k miles on it. I spray it down with Adams carpet cleaner, agitate it, then went over with the extractor a few times.