Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint Coating + Paint Sealant

butters

Question

I'm very tempted by the new paint coating and I think I'll be giving it a try this spring. I have a metallic black car and my SO has a jet black car, so I'm keen on the added swirl protection in addition to the longevity and strength of protection from environmental fallout. But I've not seen discussion regarding the use of paint sealant on top of the coating.

It seems that with the coating and then periodic Boost applications, there is no longer any need for Liquid Paint Sealant and/or H2O G&G. Would it be unwise to try topping, or should I say "sealing," the paint coating kit (including at least one application of Boost) with either of these products? If I coat my cars, do I no longer have any use for the sealants?

Edited by butters

1 answer to this question

If you coat your car, it will take the place of the sealant. The car is sealed by virtue of the coating. If you have your vehicle coated, you can simply use the ceramic boost to keep it looking fresh.

If you were to seal over the ceramic, you lose some of the hydrophobic properties that the ceramic offers which somewhat defeats the purpose of the coating in the first place. Somewhere Dylan explained it perfectly. I believe it was one of the many coating threads if you search it.